Malaysia's Space Travel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Oct 10, 2007.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hey, our space tourist coming home today from his vacation ah?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yup, but I'm not even bothered to watch the return trip. :haha: :haha:

Hope he makes it back in one piece though. :beer:

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yeah, hope for his safe return.

I thought there are millionaires did fly up to the space too to see the 3rd rock from the sun? :mrgreen:

4. Adrian Wong

Oh, of course... but our "asstronaut" is probably the only fella to have his trip paid for with public funds. :roll:

5. The_YongGrand

Oh, no wonder many people feel bummed out... or just disagree to it. If the trip uses the public's money...

...sorry to say that the country might be losing out a little bit too much.

Just for a space tourist, and what happen if other countries look at that? Especially when they paste the flags all over, and flags even inside the chambers of the stations...

They will give something like this: (go and look at my new avatar)

(sorry if it's a little bit too harsh, heck, I can't resist that! :haha:)

LOSERS! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

6. Adrian Wong

LOL! You didn't know? :mrgreen:

The government has always said that it was FREE, part of the package to buy those Russian fighter jets. But it's really all-paid-for using our tax money.

We are not getting anything out from this USD 25 million "adventure" because our "spaceflight participant" isn't really doing anything useful. All it buys the government is really expensive PR for the upcoming elections.

And only we are this stupid. Other countries can also do the same. Singapore can certainly afford the ticket to send not only 1 but possibly 10 of their own spaceflight participants up to space. But they naturally have more sense than to do that.

Going up to space is really more than about paying your way up there. Any rich person or foolish country can do that. But they will not get anything from the experience. They will not learn the science and technology needed to do it themselves.

7. Yes,i agree totally with wat u readers commented on th Malaysians First Angkasawan.

Its a sheer waste of public money to achieve nothing but just to boost egos of some politicians. Sending an Angkasawan to space by being a baggage on somebody else spaceship is nothng.

U dont need a space scientist to do it. Th most stupid African country can send somebody to outer space if they're prepared to pay th Russians or th Americans.

So what achievement are th Malaysian Medias talking about?
    If th goverment are really serious,they should have send scientists or engineers to Russia to study how to make rockets.

It may take a long time but this are th real achivement. So stop fooling ourselves or th Kampung ppl.:snooty:

8. Adrian Wong

Indeed. Virtually anyone with USD 25 million to spare can be a "spaceflight participant". I don't see what's so proud for a Malaysian to go up to space.

I would have clapped if he paid for it with his own money. That would have meant he at least worked for it. But using OUR money? Ptui... :hand:

9. The_YongGrand

And they are going to have another one in around 2010... :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

if they used OUR money again, phooey... :mad:

10. Adrian Wong

Confirmed???? Hey, of course it will be using OUR money la... Where do you think they are going to find USD 25 mil???? :shock:

OMG, we need to elect these idiots out of office!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. The_YongGrand

*checks newspaper and read*

Yes. 2nd Angkasawan (astronaut) can go up in 2010-2011. If they develop all of their aerospace materials/equipment first... then it is a good move. If not, people are going to label them space tourist again. :haha:

Well, USD 25mil is a lot of money. But some say that it is worth it. What do they have in mind, money grows on trees?? :haha: :haha:

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

in 2010, i don't think the cost would be 25million USD any more. It'd probably inflate to 100million by then.

13. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

i just realized that they dun use the term "astronaut" anymore. instead, they use angkasawan, even english papers also use this. probably because angkasawan can mean both astronaut or people who go to space...

anyway, wat experiment did this ANGKASAWAN actually did?

14. Adrian Wong

OMG, that's so screwed-up. :nuts:

LOL! No way man... What equipment can they "develop" indigenously in the next 2-3 years? :haha: :haha:

Trust me, our runner-up asstronaut will just be another space tourist. We will not only be the first country to pay for a space tourist.. we will the only idiot country to do it TWICE. :wall:

And this asstronaut will require a backup asstronaut. What next? Will he also go up just because we don't want to disappoint him? :roll:

This is REALLY screwed-up. :nuts: :nuts:

15. Adrian Wong

Well, I'm thinking about USD 30 million by 2010-2011. Of course, that's not including "consultation fees" for the various consultants our country will employ just to determine the feasibility of such a project. :roll:

16. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's the politically-correct term, since EVERYONE knows our guy isn't a REAL astronaut. NASA refuses to label him anything but a spaceflight participant.

But our government needs to save face. Which is why all printed media is more or less forced to use "angkasawan". It is a convenient way out of a messy, embarrassing situation for our government.

17. The_YongGrand

It is unfortunately indeed messy! :haha: And they gonna spend another mountains of moolah again, when the same amount could be used for better maintainence in commercial and industrial systems...

Sheesh... pride can be purchased easily... oooh...

In the meantime,a few days ago I dreamed that I went to the space with the same package that the Russians offered. I *did* try to tell my team mates to keep it down since I *was* only sight-seeing, not fixing space crafts!! Heck, I even begged them NOT to overdo it! :haha: :haha:

18. Adrian Wong

LOL!!!! I wonder if that's the same dream our "asstronaut" experienced. :haha: :haha:

19. Adrian Wong

This is a really funny, satirical piece by Dr. Azmi Sharom :thumb: :thumb:

20. The_YongGrand

Doc, you should look at the flag-pasting I mentioned ... :haha:

Photo session

Sincerely, I don't think a whole flag is NEEDED to be pasted on that suit at all! Why not just a small flag like the others? People can recognize which country is he/she from by the suit emblem right?

I loled too hard! :haha: