Malaysia's Space Travel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Oct 10, 2007.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I heard it from the other forums, maybe the G insist of "Gaya Mesti Ada", (must have style) before anything else. Not sure whether I'll agree on it or not, but it sounds like it!! :haha:

China's on the way to the moon now I guess. Also, they have the capabilities of destroying a satelite up above the atmosphere!! :shifty: :shifty:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, typical government attitude. Style over substance. :roll:

They have to do it actually.... cause they really have nothing substantial to stand on. What good has the Badawi government done for the people since he came into power? NOTHING.

All we get are news of scandals involving Badawi or his family like Scomi, ECM-Libra, Badawi's yacht and jet plane, the Oil-for-Food scam, etc. We have also seen the crime rate AND corruption soar through the roof to heights unknown since Independence.

So, with no substance to help them win the upcoming elections, they NEED this PR gimmick to show the people that Badawi has done something great for the country.

3. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

dunno how true this is, quoted from lowyat forum, but if it's true, blokeheads sure runs in the family.

4. Adrian Wong

It was posted in the newspaper actually.

BTW, this is even bigger news. Just heard from someone that our "spaceflight participant" may be gay. He was seen going to a gay bar in Russia.

I have nothing against gays. But our government certainly does. Wouldn't look good for them if their poster boy is gay. :think:

5. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

Reli? OMG, poor Russian and American flight engineers who flew with him...:doh:

6. Adrian Wong

LOL!! If he's gay, it doesn't mean he will hump everything male. :haha: :haha:

It will just be embarrassing for our oh-so-pious government. :D

7. The_YongGrand

Well, gay culture has many subcultures too - if he's one, he might be interested in specific type. (I don't want to list them all down here!!) :haha:

That news shouldn't be leaked out, or else they could be too extremely embarassed. :shifty: :shifty: :oops: :oops:

8. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

well, maybe he wont, but who knows he tried to "accidentally" bump into them, especially in the Zero-G...
    "Oops, din see u there, sorry. Big one, btw :wicked:"

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  9. The_YongGrand

:shock: :shock: Walau... he's not that desperate loh... :haha: :haha:

The astronauts and the workers are probably wearing thick suits and getting in contact on the 'part' will be very difficult. :haha:

10. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Yup! :D

Besides, a different sexual orientation does NOT mean you are a sex maniac and will hump anything that moves. :haha:

11. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

haha. anyway, i dun think he is a gay la.
    someone go up the space, so famous, then come something bad about him. what is the chances it is true? besides that, if it is true, ppl oredi mentioned it way earlier, they wont wait until he came back from space,right? human's nature is quite predictable sometimes. :lol:

12. Adrian Wong

I think it happened BEFORE he went into space. He was training in Russia for some time what.

After coming down, he's now in quarantine for 2 weeks. I doubt they will let him go out, much less visit gay bars after landing. ;)

13. The_YongGrand

Gay or not, he's still a human being. But what worrying is actually whether the G could accept it or just hide the whole thing under the carpet for a while to prevent weird stuff from happening to them. :haha: :haha: :haha:

14. Adrian Wong

I agree. But it won't look good for the government. Like it or not, their boy must be squeaky-clean because he is their embodiment of the UMNO man. ;)

Hmm.. Don't know why but this kinda reminds me of Nazi and their Aryan race theories... :think:

15. The_YongGrand

Yeah, if that news is leaked too much, they might be 'kelam-kabut' to put the problem into control. A different sexual orientation wouldn't harm anything, but what the public perceives and even the supporters matters the most. :haha: :haha:

16. Adrian Wong

Well, it's already out. If I'm not mistaken, it was posted in a Malay gossip newspaper?? :think:

17. The_YongGrand

This might or might not related... but I heard that one of the guys went to listen to a Biotech conference (hosted by a local uni) and unfortunately, one of the professors keep on talking about the space trip over and over again! And in their own language while the some attendants are actually foreigners!! :wall:

Oh man, please not have another one of those weird space projects in zero G again!! And also, they said that they wanna make Zero-G chamber... wow... how to make one? NASA has only a few units, and it costs billions of dollars to make one maybe. :roll: :roll:

18. Adrian Wong

That's what many of our professors are good for - talking. :mrgreen: