Maybank to charge RM 2 for OTC cash withdrawals from Sept. 1st onwards!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Believe it or not, but Maybank just announced a new charge... This time, it's for over-the-counter cash withdrawal. :nuts: :nuts:

TBH, it's been ages since I've done any OTC cash withdrawals but I think it's offensive for them to implement such a policy.

What if the ATM machines are down? TBH, I've often gone to a Maybank outlet only to find all their machines down, or under maintenance. What then? Go hungry? Or pay RM 2 to withdraw some money over-the-counter? :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I heard that before. yeah, must I pay the RM2.00 for the troubles if the ATM machine is down??? :wall:

3. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

If the ATM is down... I rather go take from another bank's ATM.... RM1 MEPS charge is definitely better than RM2 OTM charge.

But it's really ridiculous laa.... they are charging us over our own money.... OUR MONEY! whatever thing we're doing with OUR OWN MONEY also they want to charge us for processing fees. :wall: and this is not helping as we all know that the line, especially at Maybank ATMs, are farking long especially at town centers!

and another thing, how much cash are they going to put into ATM machines, for all I know this will cause the cash to run out faster than ever. Plus I thought Maybank got impose additional charge on ATM withdrawal if one exceed certain times of withdrawal?

4. redness

redness Newbie

Ya, I believe the first 5 withdrawal of the month from Maybank ATM is free. The rest will be charge RM1 per transaction, either way we lose.

5. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

they even charge when we change notes to coin...or coin to notes.....:roll:

6. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

its a crazy implementation. but luckily i dont own a maybank acc :D hehe

7. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

customer withdraw ATM over 8 times (failed attempts + successful attempts): MB charge RM0.50

customer withdraw ATM stop at 8th time, then go OTC: MB charge RM2 per transaction. It's not like their service are at top-notch ya know?

customer OTC RM4500 one shot over the counter, customer pay nothing. But how many of us wana do that? never got robbed before is it?

customer do online transactions, some got charged for RM1 each transaction. What is this? Self-service pun mau bayar, orang lain service pun mau bayar, apalah....

the next thing they probably will come up for the reason "...part of the bank’s ongoing effort to encourage the use of self-service machines where possible...." is that customer will be charged when bank in money through OTC, due to "Cash Deposit Machines" are available throughout the country. :roll: :roll: :roll: later boss say want to deduct our salary to cover the charges... then really siap la... :wall:

8. Adrian Wong

Actually, the first FOUR withdrawals less than RM 1500 are free. Thereafter, you are charged RM 0.50 per transaction.

This is on top of the RM 8 per year fee for the use of the ATM facilities. :roll:

So, if you need to withdraw often, what you can do is withdraw RM 1,500 at one go, take what you need and deposit the rest at a cash deposit machine immediately.

9. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

[​IMG]

ia buka mulut besar besar, tunggu makan semua duit kita.....

10. Adrian Wong

Eh is it?? I thought such services are free??? :shock:

11. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

i tot its a free service too

12. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

i thought the same as well, until my uncle that run the business told me...dunno charge RM1 or RM2 already...:faint:

13. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Or is this a standard charge by all banks?? :think:

BTW, remember when Maybank wanted to charge us RM 12 per year to use its online banking service?? :mad:

Thankfully, we made a big fuss of it and they retracted it... :thumb:

14. redness

redness Newbie

Oooo! Thats a good one!
    Hunger of a Harimau! Tiap-tiap kali also mau!

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

haha daylight robbery

16. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

Harimau...Hari-Hari mau...

17. Crazy_BB

Crazy_BB Newbie

Yeah Yeah,Dr Adrain is right.They have been charging if withdraw more than 4 times.But i heard they say is rm1 for each transaction.
    What a rule!sometimes its kinda dangerous keep all our money at home especially for students.For students out there,even rm0.50 is not much but when it accumulated it can be a big amount too.

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well its still better than here. One free withdrawal from the counter per month. After that you get charged... Whee ATM! :p

19. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

yeah.... probably later they will say... we are still one of the banks in SEA that offers the cheapest extra charges :roll:

20. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Guy as the statement the ATM is down no charges for OTC :D

Come everyone change your bank :haha: like me no more using Maybank any more

The best thing for using Maybank is they have the most ATM on the road only, this is what my opinion only :mrgreen: Feel no confident at all using maybank2u on line :think: