McDonald's Is The Third Largest Funder For The Israeli War Against Palestine???

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

On a topic about the McDonald's Minions, someone just said that she has stopped going to McDonald's for the past 2 years because she won't support a "company which channel their profit to Israel to declare war against Palestin".

According to her, "Mc Donald is the 3rd largest funder for Israel war against Palestine." and "Why shd we M'sian argue over this matter unless if your decendants are jewish whom support Israel war against Palestine...do you?"

And she quoted a Boycott Israel website -> Boycott Israel Campaign

My reply was....

Someone then asked me why I have to be so "righteous" about everything. Can't I just live and let live?

Well, first of all, I'm not being "righteous". I'm being "factual". There is a big difference. Being righteous means imposing one's moral values unto another. I'm neither doing that, nor imposing my views onto that person. I'm merely correcting her facts.

I have gone through life speaking up for what I believe in, even if it's unpopular - racial equality, gay rights, freedom of speech, etc. We cannot go through life accepting lies, letting bullies get their way, or closing our eyes to corruption. The buck has got to stop somewhere.

The lady who made those claims above is probably a nice person in real life. Most people are. Yet they harbour the most ridiculous prejudices imaginable. So should we just let them spread such lies? Or is it not our duty as family and friends to nip it in the bud?

#McDonalds, #Israel, #Palestine, #reason, #FUD