Memory For Laptop

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by yorker, May 13, 2006.

1. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

haf fun wif ur laptop den.... =)

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Depends on the company. But most companies allow you to freely upgrade your memory... except for Acer, of course. :roll:

3. yorker

yorker Newbie

okok..i opened up my laptop---hell of a hard...spoilt mu chasis abit because of their wrong cutting measurements!!! damn!!!

neway i got a 1x512 :D

but...question is....

-can i put a 1x1024 together with the 512 to get a 1.5Gb ram??

-also can i mix the brand? A-Data kinda unheard of ...

4. Adrian Wong

W00t!! That's excellent news! :thumb:

1. Can. :D

2. Can. :D

Good luck! :thumb:

5. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

A-data got lah..
    SLS got sell, not a popular brand though..

i think the chips on the module matters more than the brand name itself...

6. yorker

yorker Newbie

good news but not so pretty la...will put pics if got camera ...

u sure can mix ar Boss?? but is it really advisable??

umm champion...SLS where? any info for the chips..i dun know any serial numbers though :p

7. Adrian Wong

Yes, you can mix the memory modules. No big deal. :D

Just make sure you get the same speed rating. I.e. PC3200 DDR if your memory is PC3200 DDR.

SLS = Sim Lim Square in Singapore. Their equivalent of Low Yat Plaza. :D

8. liewss80

liewss80 Newbie

Hi, all.

I've been dealing with laptop sodimm rams for quite smtime already. Installed ram on hundreds of notebook. So, hope could share some informations here.:)

1. DDR and DDR2 is totally different in term of spec and its pin. So, if you notebook is using DDR, you can only upgrade with DDR, not DDR2.

2. You can mix different brand, capacity and spec of Sodimm, as long as same module (DDR with DDR, DDR2 with DDR2). For example, 256Mb DDR266, PC2100 works fine with 512Mb DDR333, PC2700 and so on. However, for DDR2, its oso working fine if u mix diff type, but not Dual Channel. In order to get it work as dual channel, u'd need identical twin pair (exactly same brand, module, capacity, model, etc)

3. Bout slots, so far all notebooks have 2 slots. The difference is, some at the bottom (which could be upgraded easily) and some is underneath the keyboard (I hate this type). Luckily, most notebook have ram slots at the bottom.

4. Warranty issue. Most notebook allows upgrade for its ram. However, acer did put the 'warranty' on its ram compartment. According to some acer salesperson, the acer's warranty is part by part. So, opening up the Ram compartment means the original RAM's warranty is voided. Since you'r changing the RAM, why care bout its warranty anywhr? Ur new RAM seller would cover ur new RAM warranty.

5. Current price? I believe my offer is irresistable, you wont be able find a better deal than this. Chk it out.
    http://forums.rojakpot.com/showthread.php?t=20604
    For outstation members, dun worry. You could still enjoy the low price cos I do ship my items nationwide. I had delivered my RAM to every states in Malaysia and even Singapore. So far no delivery problem as I pack my RAMs carefully.

6. Need more advise? Pls feel free to contact me. Email: [email protected]

The above info is for sharing. Anyway, do correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Sean

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  9. yorker

yorker Newbie

Boss:singapore??walau.....

Liewss: thanks alot..:D but i want a 1x1Gb DDR 333..which u dun have...

anyone know the price of 1x1Gb DDR 333..any brand..give details on the serial number for better performance if can :D