Microsoft aiming to deliver Vista SP2 before Windows 7

Discussion in 'News' started by Dashken, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Same thing happened, I really have no idea what's wrong :haha:

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

have tested over 20 pieces of intel mobo in this year alone. ICH9, ICH10, heck even ICH8! (older centrino), never had a single issue with matrix storage. and i've been using matrix storage for my home PC for 2 years. that hotplug BSOD that you mentioned, it never happened on my home PC, or my office, nor any testbeds.

perhaps it's time to check with ur mobo maker. check the controller firmware. what board are you using right now?

3. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

It's in his sig :p

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But you can see it in the release notes of the latest Matrix Storage, so many BSOD related bug fixes... :haha:

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yes. just like forceware and catalyst. the list is long, but tell me, how many times have u encountered them before? Im not saying that you won't. but those are under specific circumstances. moreover, it's not like intel is notorious for releasing unstable controller drivers. application accelerator v3, then v4, then MS v5 then v6, v7.. solid trackrecord. we are not talking about VIA busmaster or miniport drivers! i know ICH9 has an incompatibility issue that requires a feature to br turned off at firmware level, but i can't recall what it is. you will have refer back to v7.0 or v7.5 release note. thats why i asked you to check your firmware version. you guys can do better than just simply pointing finger at the driver, or heck, vista. if you cant find the culprit, write to ur local rep and get him to direct you to the right team.

6. Chai

Er...

I did face the BSOD stated in the release notes, and after upgrading the latest driver, it was fine.

I had other BSOD which I initially thought was Matrix Storage again, but it was caused by NIC, which I have also upgraded the driver, and it's also fine now.

I will test Maxtrix Storage again once I solve the NIC BSOD issue.

Oh yeah, since Abit has pulled out of the motherboard market, do you think I will still get any support? :mrgreen:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i supposed your board uses realtek NIC? if yes, then you might want to avoid using the driver available on windows update. i had it a couple of times before. until i rolled back to the version available on realtek website.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Just a thought. Does the motherboard have a third-party SATA controller? That could be the cause...

If you do not need to use it, try disabling it.

BTW, on hot-plugging problems, it could actually be due to the use of Molex-to-SATA power adaptors. Hot-plugging requires 3.3 V lines.

9. Chai

I was having BSOD before updating MS NIC drivers, then I upgraded to Windows Update drivers, got worse.

Now I'm using Realtek's website drivers, seems to be stable now.

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Maybe I'll give Vista x64 another try :haha:

11. Chai

Although it's easy to blame Vista for causing BSOD (I think it shouldn't BSOD because of driver problem, the kernel should remain stable like unix :mrgreen:), but the BSOD error message is a good clue what driver is causing the BSOD, that's why I disabled auto restart just to see what is the error message.

At first I was getting BSOD error similar to those that were fixed in the new Matrix Storage drivers, so I thought it was that alone.

Then I get another error messages, tcpip.sys, ndis.sys, which were related to NIC.