Minolta DiMage Xt Sample Pics!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by lung, Sep 25, 2003.

1. lung

lung Just Started

Alrite, here are some sample pics... I know they look quite bad, so can someone teach me how to take better ones pls... ? :lol:

Note: Sorry but I had to resize the pics due to size limitation for attachments. (25% of original size, 1280x768, with Fine quality)

Attached Files:

2. lung

lung Just Started

Here's a few more...

Attached Files:

3. lung

lung Just Started

So what do you guys think? :)

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

looks great but then.. that's because of the downsampling :)

most important is that u like it! personal satisfaction is all that matters.

;)

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

looks quite dark ..

taken @ night?

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm... I can't really comment because the pictures are really small. Of course, I am using a monitor resolution of 1280x960 so EVERYTHING looks smaller. :haha:

lung, if you downsize, try for 640x480. That's a nice size, I think. Not too big, not too small. You don't have to worry about the file size. Chai has increased the limit to 150KB. :thumb:

7. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

A tip on composition -

Don't always centre your subject as it often leads to a mediocre image. Use the Rule Of Thirds to compose your images better:

- Roughly divide your frame into nine segments so that you'll have two imaginary vertical lines and two horizontal lines running across the frame

- Try to get your subject to intersect at least one vertical and/or one horizontal line

Example:

[​IMG]

:)atwl

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm... Now THAT I didn't know.

Thanks for the tip! Will try it out! :thumb:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! That's not your pic Adrian? :D

Ohh... so it was atwl. LOL! :thumb:

10. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

11. lung

lung Just Started

Thanks for the tip, atwl... It really works!
    And the link you posted... Lots of interesting photography tips there! Especially for beginners like me! Thanks again! :D