Monitor woes - Please help

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by lung, Mar 2, 2004.

1. lung

lung Just Started

Okay... So since the monitor focus has failed (I assume), will it be worth it to repair it, or get a new one altogether?

I think repair will cost around RM100, and a new one will cost around RM400+.

I'm just afraid that the thing fails again after only a few months after repair.

If I'm really going to buy a new one... Then I think I will create a new topic on which monitor is good :lol:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Well, if I were you, I would buy a new monitor! :mrgreen:

3. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

better sell ur monitor to 2nd hand shop........& buy a new monitor!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. lung

lung Just Started

2nd hand shop? :think:
    Know of any near my area that will accept monitors? (Cheras) :mrgreen:

5. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

lowyat plaza????? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, there is a monitor repair shop in SS2, PJ. You might want to try repairing it.

I used several 17" LG monitors in my pre-India days. All of them had the unfortunate tendency to die from overheating. Apparently, the colour chip used was susceptible to high temperatures. I didn't have airconditioning in those days. :p

So, cooling your monitor is not that bad an idea. Heh... :mrgreen:

Yeah, Low Yat Plaza has several second hand shops. They will probably accept your monitor but I'm not sure if they can offer a very good price. :think:

7. lung

lung Just Started

Thanks for the replies, guys. Guess I'll just get a new monitor and then decide wut to do with the current one.

Off topic, but btw, did you guys know that LG is actually 'Goldstar' renamed? And LG stands for 'Lucky Goldstar'? Today LG stands for 'Life's Good'... :)

8. phatboydu

phatboydu Newbie

I remember reading a report on how LG and samsung were taking over a lot of electronics and coming out of their pasts. I.e. LG got the new name and a new look to shed their commercial "chea alternative" kinda of like how samsung was looked at... you can kind of think of both companies as the Sanyo's of today back a few years...
    ago

9. lung

lung Just Started

Bought a new Samsung 765MB as a replacement :thumb:
    Selling off the LG today :)

10. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

how much did u get 4 ur LG???? :think: :think: :think: :think:

11. lung

lung Just Started

Since the monitor is 'flawed', those shops at LowYat are offering only RM10! :shock:
    I gave it to my bro instead.

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow, that's crazy! :nuts:

You might as well get it repaired...

13. lung

lung Just Started

Repair costs RM100.
    And they (the second-hand shops) don't buy 'repaired' monitors :nuts:

14. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

better repair & use as 2nd monitor!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: