Monitor!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by zy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Not bad, but its still $399 usd for me here. I ended up with a Dell ST2220M touch screen for $230 after tax.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's really sad that they are making the 24" 'affordable'. What makes Dell so special here is that it is the only good IPS panels money can buy here, but even the 24" model is now stripped down without HDMI out, no more high color gamut.

I would rather get the 23" model. But then, it's a 1080p display without HDMI. Kind of contradicting. 1080p is meant for watching movies, and yet it doesn't have HDMI.

3. zy

:wall: Monitors are cheaper in Malaysia :wall:
    U2311H is RM609 ~ USD200, but it is selling for USD319 here :(

4. Chai

Hmm...that's weird. Did you look at other brands?

5. zy

Dell is already slightly cheaper than most other brands.
    :wall:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

WOW.. That's really weird. I mean, HDTVs are so much cheaper over there... but LCD monitors are cheaper over here?? :think:

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

dell love malaysia more? :haha:

here is the thing, i can get u2311h for RM535 or u2412m for rm791..i dont wana spend more than rm650 but 2412m at rm791 is tempting though

then u2311h replacement is coming soon, shall i wait and see?

8. Chai

Personally, I wouldn't bother with 2412m. It's just an inch larger, and there's no other advantages. u2410 on the other hand... :drool:

9. zy

My bad, overall US is slightly cheaper, but some models like the U2311H is much cheaper in Malaysia.

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

is the U2311H a good monitor to buy?

am looking for one, <=24inch, but unfortunately have not been keeping up with the tech for some time.

I notice ips panels are very affortable these days. almost the same price as TN! knowing that IPS is high-end offering, there must be some catch. LG, philips, dell. am spoilt for choices. recommendation please!

11. Chai

These IPS panels are not the high end models that Dell used to sell. They are only 6 bit panel and they are not high color gamut. The latest 24" doesn't even have HDMI input. Unless the additional inch and the 1920x1200 is very important to you, I wouldn't spend more for the 24" over 23".

IPS panels only got cheaper, but didn't get any better.

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

what about 8-bit model? any recommendation?

13. Chai

You can still go back to the U2410 while stock lasts.

14. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

15. Chai

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

that is expensive although a very nice display and im not really into apple design :p

u2311h replacement is here, or rather say like car company does a facelift with some daytime running light led lol

Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" Monitor with LED Details

because hdmi is not free to use so thats why dell dont use it anymore?

17. Chai

Looks like edge lit LED. Only benefits power consumption and the thickness.

They probably want to cut cost by not including HDMI controller? Which is why I gave up and bought a TV instead!