Moving To The Klang Valley

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Huh? Bandar Menjalara is an old place, I doubt there's any new houses there, and I doubt they cost as much as RM700k...

Should be around RM300k+ at most.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Ahh.. Sunway SPK - that's the fancy one I went to check out. :mrgreen:

Hmm.. Is that close to the Selayang General Hospital? We are trying to get one as close as possible because housemanship is hell.. and every second you get to stay at home is heaven. :mrgreen:

Hmm.. Isn't RM 385K for intermediate terrace houses a bit expensive for the Selayang area? I mean, you can get the same for about RM 350K in Damansara Jaya, albeit in run-down condition. :haha:

Yeah, definitely will want to have a look at the area. Have to find a suitable place soon. :pray:

Eh, if you are throwing in a free steamboat, I think the rest of Team ARP is suddenly going to find themselves very interested in joining me on the hunt for a house!!! :haha:

BTW, any other suitable areas I can consider?

Thanks!!!

3. Adrian Wong

There's actually a new development around the area, I think. Just after the toll, there's Sunway SPK on the right side.

The terrace houses there go for RM 688+ to about a million bucks. :nuts:

The problem with houses in Selayang is that if we want to go to PJ, we have to pay the toll, both ways. :wall:

But if the houses there are cheaper.. and there's plenty of parking and good access roads, then I guess it's a good compromise. :think:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Selayang is much much further. Probably about 10km away from Bandar Menjalara, Kepong.

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

And u have to go through traffic... :| :| BELIEVE ME. You dun wanna drive from Menjalara thru kepong to Selayang. Just stay in Selayang! :p

6. lklatmy

lklatmy Newbie

Abt 5km away.Trafic can be quite bad during peak hours though.There's a back way to Selayang Hospital thru Sri Damansara,Wangsa Permai,Taman Ehsan,Kepong Ulu/FRI,to the hospital,Same distance but traffic is much more tolerable.
    Selayang or Kepong or Sri Damansara,all hv pay tol to go to PJ
    .A case of the poor subsidising the better off.
    Yeah,Bukit Idaman is under Majlis Perbandaran Daerah Gombak(pls correct me if I'm wrong)and is much nearer to the hospital.
    Bandar Menjalara is under DBKL.Sri Damansara under MPPJ.Like Golden triangle of Myanmar/Thailand/China.

Just an indication.some not renovated one change hand at 330k.

All r welcome :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2005
  7. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Agree with Psy. Just get a house around Selayang area. The high traffic to & fro Kepong during peak hours is madness. :shock:

8. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Pulau Ketam Steamboat? :thumb: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

9. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

adrian is very RICH! :evil:

10. Adrian Wong

Errr... No. I will have to work like mad to pay the bank. :wall:

About the toll, when the concession end? Will this be another Samy Vellu never-ending toll? :wall:

So, Bukit Idaman's the closest to the hospital? Any idea how much do the houses cost there? Any new development around the area? :think:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  11. lklatmy

lklatmy Newbie

Yeah,one of the better known in the area.But owner is also staying in Bandar Menjalara.So,if Adrian happen to become his neighbour and setup a website for him,he probably will get FREE steamed-booot :haha: from the owner everyday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (just jking)

Concession!!!hv u heard of' never ending story' :sick: :sick:

Seriouly Adrian,one important factor u hv to consider is availability of Broadband service.I'm not sure abt Selayang area.

12. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Ya this i pay a lot for what stupid toll, btw most of the time you will be travel around Selayang as Jenny working there some more. So just get around Selayang will be great.

Agree with PsYkHoTiK i gone through it before it is terrible :wall:

If you want to avoid that toll there is a short cut that cut thru to mont kiara, that will be the only way :think:

BTW at least have a 24 ports switch or wireless hub there will be great too and we can have ARP game session at your house :haha: :haha: :dance:

13. Adrian Wong

Yeah, Streamyx availability is a MUST!! :pray:

14. Adrian Wong

Hahaha.. That's the plan!!! :wicked:

There's a shortcut?? :think: Interesting!! :mrgreen:

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

adrian, get a house near starbucks la :mrgreen: :haha:

16. lklatmy

lklatmy Newbie

Shortcut to Mt Kiara?wait till u use it.!!real bad!!

I used to use it to travel fr my hse to my office in golden triangle.It's hell during peak hours.So,when the co .opened a branch in Damansara Utama,I grabbed the opportunity and am now cut down the travelling time,petrol and stress by half. :lol: :lol:

17. vien

vien Newbie

I think there's no Streamyx available in Selayang....:shifty: you can always sign up with them, then wait until the demand for Streamyx is high in Selayang, so the TMNET people will go there and setup an access point for all of you, and then you can have Streamyx. :roll: :roll: :roll: *thumbs down to Streamyx*

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Selayang is very big....
    the hospital is right outside some houses on bukit idaman. There's plenty of houses near Selayang mall, selayang capital. There's jln kuching nearby that will take u straight into KL. There's a Makro nearby. Banks. Pasar borong is nearby. I know the area VERY well.. :doh: Too bad I'm way over here.. :wall:

19. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Going to Starbucks isn't cheap! I can make my own frappucino at 1/10th of the cost!! :haha:

20. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. So the best way would still be through the toll? :think: