Moving To The Klang Valley

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 28, 2005.

1. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yes Boss, University Hospital is better some more you can get a house in PJ and forget about the tolls :mrgreen: Food, rojakpot gang, central as you can go Sunway, damansara, KL all just nearby.. :thumb:

Sec 17 not bad, or SS2 also nearby :haha:

So lets move to PJ !!! :dance:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL!! The problem is finding an affordable house in good condition. :wall:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

University Hospital? Enjoy the Federal highway.... :beer: :beer: :beer:

How bad can it get? 4 hours from pj to KL in a stretch of road that could be covered in 15 mins. I avoid the highway as much as possible... :mrgreen:

4. Adrian Wong

Actually, since we will be coming from PJ, we just need to go past Jalan University (University Road). No need to use the Federal Highway at all. :think:

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

True i guess, but when goin to KL... Federal highway onto jalan Loke Yew.... :shock:

I wonder if they've finished all that construction on University hospital... :think:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yes. but the traffic condition IS still the same...
    the construction has been replaced with cars :p

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Seem that most of the time will be travel to University Hospital, just avoid go down to KL on weekday when morning start work time and finish work time.

Stay around Sec 17 and SS2 should not be jam until that bad i believe :think: Ya is hard to find around there, i mean the houses in PJ.. :think:

8. Adrian Wong

Found two potential places.. One next to my aunt's house and another house in Section 6 of Kota Damansara. :think:

The house next to my aunt's place is a real dump. Just went to check it out a few days ago. It requires a complete renovation for it to be even "liveable". :wall:

The house in Kota Damansara is much better... and a lot cheaper! And the neighbours seem to be very nice. :thumb:

But it's VERY far from University Hospital. The neighbour, who works near UH, told me that it takes him about 40 mins of travel every morning. :shock:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL! 60 mins is standard commute for KL and the surrounding places.... :shifty: Unless if you're on off peak hours that is.. :mrgreen:

10. Adrian Wong

Well, it's one thing if you are working from 9 to 5. I just don't know if Jenny can take the travel time if she's working in UH.

As you know, she will most likely be in the hospital about 30 hours out of every 48 hours. So, she will have very little time to sleep and recuperate from the hellhole we all know as a hospital. :haha:

Therefore, I'm not sure if 40 mins is doable for her. Hehe.. :think:

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah. That is something to consider. :think:

12. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Hahah 40 mins travel time..welcome to KL it takes less than half an hour to get from my place to subang if there is no congestiong, but if there is congestion well it takes 1 hour 30 min? thats KL for u hahah

13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

jalan gasing is near..

14. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

hehe. very near my place, Bandar Sri Damansara. nice place, but can be rather jam. :)

depends on which direction you're heading really.

15. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I think the best plan would be to get an affordable place around Damansara Jaya, Damansara Utama or Section 17.

But since the property prices there are insane... I will have to see what I can get before making up my mind. In the end, I guess I will have to settle for the Kota Damansara place. :think:

16. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

Kota Damansara is a newer place compared to the rest you've mentioned. :)

17. Adrian Wong

Yup! My aunt's place is about 20 years, I think... While Section 17 is even older. :think:

18. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

well sometimes you can get a real stinker of a house for cheap and then renovate it. the costs may come up to the same... i dunno depends on many factors actually but ultimately its down to what you can afford.

afterall buying a house means you've got to life with it for a very long time better make sure you're happy with your decision.

19. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's true. But it's hard to afford houses in the Klang Valley. They are all overpriced.

Hmm.. I think the property market in the Klang Valley is poised to burst sooner or later. So many people buying houses for "investment". So many houses in Kota Damansara were bought for only RM 180-200K and then put on sale for RM 350K+. Nuts. :nuts:

So many of them are not being sold but still their owners insist on the high price. Oh well, hopefully the property market there will collapse. That will teach them a lesson. :twisted:

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Among those places u mentioned, DJ is probably the cheapest area. Houses in Section 17 is overpriced due to it's vacinity to UM and UTAR... houses there rents for Rm1.8-2K!

DU is an expensive place as well.