msn messenger is a bit screwy

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by u suck.com, Jan 15, 2008.

1. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

well..i'm using windows live messenger and somehow since a few days ago, when i open the messenger it takes much longer than usual for it to come up.

and after a while, it hangs and goes to 'not responding' status...how sad.

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it's not helping...what can i try? please help

thanks! ;)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Sounds like something's interfering with it. Did you install anything before this happened? Like a new firewall or anti-virus software?

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Only Live Messenger is affected? Sounds weird.

4. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

well i fixed it :)

i uninstalled it, deleted some registry keys and installed it and now it's fine...whew ;)

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm using Trillian and meebo. Can't live without them. Though I can't deny that using these will leave me out of all the new neat stuffs from the Live Messenger, but the hell with it. I prefer everything in a program, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo... :thumb:

I actually can't remember having any problem with Trillian. But with MSN... fuh... many man! :wall:

I was a bit reluctant initially when I was using separate programs for each of them. But I never regret the change. :beer:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

What kind of problems are you having with MSN?

I have tons of connectivity issues with MSN, not the program itself.

7. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

Do u go check with your Task Manager? It will appear many MSN Messenger program at the Task Manager.

8. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

The only problem I have with MSN is that it leaves a multi-conversation automatically a while after I haven't said anything. Tells me I have network problems and have left the conversation >_>

9. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I don't think that's a problem though since I have it as well.
    I am guessing that WLM automatically disconnects you from the conversation after a certain idle time

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Everyone seems to have issues with WLM. Like Max, he keeps mass disconnecting until recently he manage to solve it :haha: which is by installing the Beta version of WLM 9.0 :mrgreen:

11. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

WLM 9? I didn't even know it existed yet lol

12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, it's beta..I saw Max using it..Or was i blinded? :p

13. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Live Messenger 9 beta? Where can I download the beta one? Would love to try it out...:)

Thanks,

TF

14. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

It's a closed beta I think. :(