msn problems...

Discussion in 'General Software' started by NeoSquall, May 23, 2008.

1. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

oh dear.. looks like Im only comming in when Im facing trouble.. but I know you guys are very very very very helpful.. hehe..

anywayz.. my comp knowledge is depleting fast because of the many many changes that the comp world has...

so my problem is...

my msn messenger(or windows messenger) seem to be disconnecting often right after my torrent downloads went up very high(Im trying VPN for fun).. why is this so? I want my msn to stay connected and not get disconnected every now and then.. hehe.. I guess thats wat everyone wants with their msn..

thank you very much in advance..

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I get this a lot here too and have found its MSN thats the problem. I come home from work or get up in the morning MSN is disconnected and prompting me to login.

Its been bad this week Tues, Wed and last night MSN was disconnected when I got home from work ... yahoo running fine.

3. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

so the problem is not from me? hahaha.. good to know.. thank you once again.. :) :)!

4. Mac Daddy

I think you will find it is. I am running a broadband connection here and tried everything I could think of to remedy it. Is all your other software on your system accessing inet properly without issues?

5. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

yeap.. everything seems to be fine... faster downloads tho.. nothing is slower now.. kakaka...

6. Mac Daddy

Well sounds like what I have experienced with MSN here and we are not alone. NP on the help if anyone has a permanent solution for this would love to know :D

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I believe Max_87 also faced the same problem recently. :think:

Could be an MSN network problem/upgrade.

8. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

MSN Messenger always seems to have some sort of problems... My personal MSN tend to log me off for no good reason what-so-ever.

9. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Maybe you guys should update to Windows Live Messenger 8.
    I don't seem to have any problems with disconnections and when it does, it's a problem on my end.

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Conclusion, MSN sucks. Never understand why it got popular other than stupid emoticons. :p

11. Mac Daddy

I thought it was on my end as well it wasn't. It is MSN my current version of Windows Live Messenger attached ;)

Attached Files:

• msn.gif
      msn.gif
      File size:
      15.8 KB
      Views:
  12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I'm having the same issue here. MSN disconnects a lot and I'm having a hard time trying to sign in for some reason. It doesn't matter whether I torrent or not.

My Live Messenger is already the latest version.

13. Adrian Wong

Me neither. Plus the fact that all messages and files have to pass through their servers...

14. miahman

miahman Newbie

i dont hav any problems...... i dont know wat i do different. i use torrents too. the only time my MSN disconnects is when my internet disconnects.

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Are you sure? IIRC the files are sent directly to the recipient. Try sending a file @ msn to another person within your LAN network and you will see what I mean.

16. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Max is correct, files get sent directly to the receiver, but messages go through the MSN servers first.

And I haven't had any of these problems yet...

17. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

how did MSN messenger overtook mIRC in the first place..? haha..

18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

more like how ICQ took over IRC & how MSN took over ICQ .. lol

19. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

No idea, all of a sudden everyone is using MSN messenger and I'm forced to use it as well. That was a few years ago I think. :haha:

20. Adrian Wong

Hmm really? I thought the files would go through their servers too. :think: