My AMD Turion always turn to be slowly

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by kingkingmax, Jun 28, 2008.

1. kingkingmax

kingkingmax Newbie

My notebook is DELL1501,and the processor is TL-56.When the battery is in charging.the processor's speed will be 800Mhz.in the system event viewer I can see this error "The Acpi 2.0 _PCT object returned an invalid value of 3".Is this a bug in this CPU,how to fix it.thank U

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, it's cool and quiet technology being turned on. It actually downclocks the processor when we are not using it to save battery :D...Even Intel has the same technology so i think it's fine when it's left enable =/...not sure if we can disable it though

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Change the profile to normal desktop instead of laptop.

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Might be like Chai mentioned, due to profile. Seems like my brothers Vostro also faces the same issue if he restart with a power saving profile.

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

It depends on the notebook actually, or so it seems. Cos I used to be able to control the clockspeed manually with the THinkpad T60, Inspiron models of the Dell, and some HP notebooks. But with the Dell Latitude range, no can do. It just won't allow any manual control. For the vostro, it seems like the Vista controls works perfectly :)

6. kingkingmax

kingkingmax Newbie

I don't know how to do that?Microsoft publiced some package to fix the problem.KB924441~~
    but after I use it ,there is no effect~~:pray:

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

you mean it always stays at 800mhz?Hmm, weird...

8. Chai

It may also be due to other power saving options like C1E which doesn't require OS support.

9. kingkingmax

kingkingmax Newbie

some days ago,I have re-install my operating system serval times.but the problem still exist.I have some pictures to show the problem.
    you will understand my meaning.maybe my English is not very good.excuse~~~

Attached Files:

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm, so technically, your laptop become slows when you plug in the power cable? hmm,could be the chipset issue...might need to update either the bios or the chipset of the mobo from the Dell website..

11. Chai

12. kingkingmax

kingkingmax Newbie

Yes.recently I use "Always on" as my power schemas.
    Thank you ,Lacus.Your suggestion has been tested on my laptop book 4 times.I have changed every BIOS version.But I cann't solve the problem.
    These days,I don't use battery,the problem isn't exist.~~

13. Chai

Not just always on, you have to choose Desktop profile in order to use 100% CPU speed.

14. kingkingmax

kingkingmax Newbie

I don't know your meaning.How to do that?change the profile from laptop to desktop.I have a notebook and it's 1501.
    thankyou :D

15. Chai

16. kingkingmax

kingkingmax Newbie

I understand.may be you mean change the scheme to Home/Office desk?
    Can you tell me the reason?or the theroy to solve the problem.

17. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, i did mention updating the chipset of the motherboard =/...or maybe try calling up dell and tell them bout this problem..I'm sure they will try to assist you. Change the profile to desktop usually makes the processor speed at full speed...

18. Chai

Changing to that will disable CPU throttling. See if it stops the CPU from slowing down.

19. Midicow

Midicow Newbie

or you could just right click power options, in the taskbar, power options.. and edit the profile to set the cpu min to 5% and cpu max to 100% when plugged in.

20. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

I have an question... you said you have an turion... normaly it's an laptop... and laptops comes with the OS of the company.. like hp etc.... but as i remember to have an Branded computer... normaly they put alot of garbage on it... and it's really slow... i remember when i had my AA64x2 4200+ pre build computer when i installed MCE 2005 i counted about 50 software who was totaly crappy using my precius memory and doing none...

Try to check if you have unused software and DLLs in your Task Manager ;) And try CCleaner... do an registry checkup and maybe it will help you ;)