my dad in trouble again

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Jun 30, 2013.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

this time its bad, really really bad

wednesday rush him to hospital just like last year not breathing well, this time just about to reach he collapse in car

cpr all that revive him but now after 5 days doctors say his condition didnt improve and very likely in coma state with only ventilator machine supporting him to breath

the collapse causes brain damage, he is having seizure from big to small ones but with meds its not so much now..still the damage is done and his condition in doctors view bad

watching him collapse in front of me the most painful thing, that time im so shock, freeze, blur and lost of words..sigh..we pray we hope he can get thru this

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't know what else to say other than wishing him well. :(

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yea, prayers and big hope is all we can do now hopefully he fight thru it

today we talk to him not much response but his mouth and leg moves

hopefully its a good sign

4. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I am so sorry to hear that, wish him well soon. :pray:

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Sorry to hear this. Pray he gets well soon.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

OMG... So sorry to hear that... :(

I know exactly how you feel. Right now, we can only hope he pulls through.

Which hospital is he at right now?

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Sorry to hear about this... Wishing him well..

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm praying he gets well soon too.

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

thanks guys

he is at seberang jaya GH ICU, been 7 days now no improvement, infact not so good with on and off fever as well

thinking bout im not gonna talk to him ever again make me so heart broken

although the worst is always in mind we got high hope he can pull it thru

10. Adrian Wong

The good thing about being in a government hospital's ICU is that they really give the best treatment possible, irrespective of cost.

That said, you guys can help him pull through by being there with him. They will actually allow a close family member to stay with him, if you request. Keep talking to him, attend to his needs and generally let him know you are there.

When Jenny was supposedly in a coma, she could actually hear us talking, and she even remembered some of the stuff we said after she recovered. And studies have shown that people in coma do better if there's good support from the family.

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

MIRACLE!!! wednesday he already wake up!!

he can recognize us, nod to us, move his hand and leg, can close open close his eyes just everything doctors ask him to do

he did the impossible waking up in 7 days, we are so glad and happy for him

but still on ventilator to help him breath, his breathing is not good yet..y'day high fever but just now we go visit him improving bit by bit

a long slow road to recovery, still doctors describe him a miracle

adrian,

yes, govt hospital got all the equipment, the doctors are good the nurse and staff are all good..if we can afford private hospital why not but we cant..still they do amazing job without even talk about money

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow! That's great news!!!

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

That's really wonderful news :D Glad things are better!

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

abit worry just now, this morning doctors say his BP and oxygen level suddenly drop..so they run ventilator to max give him medication and sedation to let him rest

y'day visit him he seems like wana fight his way out, we told him to relax go easy dont fight too much as he is still weak..maybe he work himself too hard

another day another worry..hopefully things are better from now

15. Adrian Wong

WOW!! That is fantastic news!! :thumb: :thumb:

It's good to sedate him to rest. When he's sedated or put into a medical coma, it reduces the amount of oxygen the brain needs, limiting the amount of damage caused by the stroke and preventing further damage.

Keep us updated!! :thumb:

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm praying your dad will be okay and good. Public hospitals are pretty good and efficient nowadays. The doctors and the staffs are doing the best.

17. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

thanks guys for the support :)

on friday he fights alot, we know he is uncomfortable he is suffering alot but not much can do but to rest more

hopefully he can calm down go thru this

one thing is that govt hospital with so many doctors can have too many opinion but everything is great, they are doing their job to help my dad

18. Adrian Wong

Right now, the key thing is to let his brain rest, to minimise damage. Once he stabilises and there's no risk of further strokes or spikes in his ICP (intracranial pressure) from the oedema, he can then be transferred to a normal ward and start physiotherapy.

19. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

dr adrian wong? wow :thumb:

i google abit but none of this thing is told by doctors there, make me kinda blur now though with different opinion from doctors there..but both of his hand is swollen though none on leg

y'day and today he moves alot, he raise his hand high up moves his leg alot, can do whatever doc told him to do but looks like he is some kind of pain or discomfort

maybe 2 weeks on bed hurting his back and legs, y'day only done tracheostomy as well

20. Adrian Wong

That's really great. It sounds like he's out of danger. Do make sure you guys keep him company. Moral support is critical to the patient's survival. :thumb: