My Experience As A House Officer

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 5, 2005.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

that's the spirit SIRE! and it's what life is all about...
    why is why I do not want to commit myself to any courses for the moment being..

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
    FLYYYYYYYY BOSS...FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Haha.. Thanks! :mrgreen:

Well, it's not legal to do that. The reason why doctors are considered professional is because there is always peer review. In the sense that all doctors have been judged to be competent by their peers (or superiors).

Until a doctor is verified to be competent, he cannot be given the licence to practice. The housemanship period is a training and evaluation period to ensure that the doctor gets the training he needs to be competent.

Of course, what happens in real life is often quite a bit different from the ideal. In any case, legally, I cannot practice here in Malaysia or anywhere else. I'm only a doctor in name. So, please don't call me Dr. :)

3. Adrian Wong

LOL!! That's my dream, of course! :thumb:

4. Adrian Wong

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Well, I wouldn't know about that. But I'm just happy to do what I like to do best! :thumb:

5. Adrian Wong

Well.. I've always been a little nutty... even reckless. :mrgreen:

Hmm.. Maybe I was influenced by my father.. and relatives. Partially also because it's a "noble profession". You know - you get to help people.

But I actually told my parents that I would most likely NOT practice medicine, even before I left for India. :mrgreen: I wanted to study medicine for my own reasons, not because it offers me a great job. :hand:

Well, I did mention a few earlier, didn't I? ;)

I would certainly love to start on a writing career. Maybe a novel or two? My imagination has been rubbed dull by the monotony of medical life but I hope I can still do something about it.

I would also love to develop ARP into the tech hub I envisioned so long ago. Granted, I will need the help of many people in the community to achieve this... but I hope with perseverance, I will be able to achieve this soon. :thumb:

6. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!!! FLY!!! WHEEEEEEEE!!! :mrgreen:

7. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Fly high, but don't let the wind blow you over though ;)

8. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

tsk tsk tsk... childish man...

*sigh*

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

We'll be here to support you :thumb:

10. Adrian Wong

I would be glad to prove you wrong. ;)

11. Adrian Wong

Thanks! I will need all the help I can get. :beer:

12. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Well, at least you're not boring! :thumb: :haha:

Oh yeah, you did mention them! My bad! :doh:

Wow, writing novels, huh? What kind? Sounds interesting, but it takes a lot of discipline! You could even write something related to egomaniacs in the medical field! :wicked: :haha:

Btw, from your recent post in the ARP BBQ thread, I assume something that you've been planning has worked out? :whistle: :D

Edit: Just realized it should be "medical field"... :oops:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah, I guess Adrian just did that today. :thumb:

14. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Yeah, but what I'm curious about is... What was it he did! :confused: :shifty:

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

If you write some books, I will definitely check em out! Can we have an autographing event at a bookstore pls. LOL... :haha:

Anyways, I'm behind you dude. :thumb:

That would be a hell of a good book for Adrian! LOL! Great source of inspiration. :thumb:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Take a guess. It's out of this world... :thumb:

17. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Makes me think of Patch Adams. :)

Way to go, Boss! :clap: :clap: My hat's off to you for the courage to follow your dream. :thumb:

18. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

BOSS, do what you think is right. :)

There are just too many people around me to quote who are doing different things contrary to what they learned. :shifty: ...and are very successful people.

19. Adrian Wong

Well, science fiction, I guess. But my imagination has been stifled quite a bit by the monotony of medical life. So.... :whistle:

But that's something I would love to at least try out. :thumb:

Well, I officially resigned just now at around 9:30 am. Handed them my resignation letter and told them what I thought of the way house officers were being treated.

They seemed surprised. They told me no house officer ever complained to them. As a result, the deputy director of hospital has requested that I meet him at 2:30pm today. :shifty:

20. Adrian Wong

I resigned. :mrgreen: