My friend got beaten up at Bukit Jalil

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by karhoe, Aug 3, 2010.

1. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Those touts are really mean and cruel. They shouldn't even do this kind of stuff on passerbys.:faint:

I hope your friend is all ok.:pray:

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I personally think we should just pick up some self defence skills. I'm not saying it's a guarantee, but at least you know there is this one defending layer you can rely on. Might save you life.

After my car accident in 2005 and the dealing with the traffic police officers, I told myself never to ever to rely on anyone when you are in deep shit. If i ever get any help from external party, I take it as a bonus. But really, I just don't expect any these days.

First, don't be a smartass and get yourself into troubles. and when troubles find you, just remember that most of the times, you are on your own.

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

^ I agree - some self-defence skills is needed if possible.

Or, at the very least, stay away from all troubles - learn to run away if possible. Never start arguing with bullies, they wouldn't even want to reason.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. That's really too much. However, I don't think the police will do much for your friend. I may sound really pessimistic, but such are the times.

Despite so many complaints about these touts, why are there still so many of them? If the government can assign hundreds of cops to bully civil right protestors, why can't they assign a few to police the bus station and drive off the touts?

IMHO, don't bother counting on the police. Just be thankful they don't join in the "fun". Better to take up self-defence classes like ZuePhOk suggested, or walk together with friends.

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I think generally this applies not just in MY but everywhere else??

Ask yourself this question: encoutering a fight, would you step in and say "hey, let's just calm down and talk about it it ok"? I mean we don't even know what's the reason behidn the fight right?

the scene can be emotional and tensed, you might hurt yourself. We aren't Kick-Ass or Big Daddy.

7. Adrian Wong

You mean self-defense classes? Yeah, I think it would be very useful to learn to defend yourself, no matter where you are. :thumb:

8. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

How bad was it? Did he get hurt?

9. Adrian Wong

It looks like he got hurt pretty bad. :(

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm lucky... :(

11. Adrian Wong

Why do you say that? :D

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You are lucky because you are a chicken or FFK? :evil:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Because I foresee something like that might happen to me... and chicken also... hehe... :mrgreen:

14. Adrian Wong

Err.. Can you also foresee the next Toto number? :D

Seriously, karhoe's friend was damn unfortunate, but I don't think it's that common a problem. If touts keep beating up their potential customers, they will end up beatened dead by angry mobs, or out of business. :)