My Holiday Pictures - Macau

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 4, 2005.

1. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

BOSS you really enjoy man can see your smiling face all the time..... :haha: :haha:
    Scenery not bad, i more interested in those "old thing" that you capture.... but the food really make me hungry.. :p

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL! Tiring, man! :haha:

And this was only the first day. :haha:

What old thing?? :shifty:

Yeah, the food's not bad actually. Just expensive. :wall:

3. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I mean those bell, building... etc :thumb: i like that so much...

4. Adrian Wong

Oooh, I see. :mrgreen:

Got more coming up. :mrgreen:

5. Adrian Wong

Picture 110 - Outside the Maritime Museum is a dock. That's where you can get motorized junk rides. But as luck would have it, the junk ride was closed for maintenance or something. At the mini-dock, there was this dragon boat...

Picture 111 - Close up of the drum and the drummer's seat.

Picture 112 - Close up of the rowers' seats.

Picture 113 - Close up of the rudder.

Picture 114 - For some reason, a rickshaw was also on display on that dock.. I wonder why... :think:

Attached Files:

6. Adrian Wong

Picture 115 - This is a Mariner's Astrolabe, also found at the mini-dock outside the Maritime Museum. For the lowdown on the Mariner's Astrolabe, here's a link - http://www.astrolabes.org/mariner.htm

This was our second day in Macau. After a night in Macau, we decided that Macau really didn't have that much to see. So, we decided to head over the border to China.

Picture 116 - Went back to the motel, cleaned out our stuff and headed out. But before we left the area, we dropped by Pastelaria Koi Kei where I took a shot of one of their girls making Macanese pancakes.

These pancakes have chicken floss and seaweed in them. Makes for quite a unique taste... :think:

Picture 117 - Tired of overpriced Macanese food, we struck out for the smaller streets. Finally found this place that sells noodles at more reasonable prices.

Unlike in Malaysia, the noodle shops here have a closed-off kitchen. I guess it's cleaner that way. :mrgreen:

Picture 118 - This is their beef noodle. :thumb:

Picture 119 - This is their wan ton noodle soup. Really good wan tons! :thumb:

All in all, I think this lunch cost me only MOP 18 (RM 8.57, USD 2.26). A lot more reasonable! :thumb:

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Food again YAM YAM YAM :mrgreen:

8. Donovan

Donovan Newbie

first of all, you are a very lucky man! You have chance to visit this very beautiful city.

Pict 11: I dont know if you realize this, your composition is very good, i think it is not necessary to open the aperture wide, let everything sharp and focused.

I like it very well: look at the ppl that is walking at the right side, recycle bin at the left side, and jenny with rule of third composition. Everything is composed well. It is up to you to let more proportion on the floor or on the building. :D

São Domingos shots is beautifull :thumb:

pict 45 is very nice. But i think you should wait until those two children gone to make it perfect. ANyway so far that factor is not so distracting (at least for me :D )

Pict 60: yes, give more proportion to the crowds he he he..... or use wider lens :mrgreen:

Pict 70-74: owwww, what a romantic place..... i like 72 better :D

Pict 95: i think if you wait just a few more second until that couple pass the old man, that picture will be better. If it possible, use slow speed ;)

Pict 100 and 103 and the rest of that are just nice. :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

Woah.. Thanks, Donovan! Must go digest all that. :thumb:

Please give me more comments when you can. Have to improve my photography skills... :shifty:

10. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

i guess that the diffenence bt a pro and the rest of us. he took time to compost , study the rule of third etc. While the rest of us just snap n go cos ppl are chasing after u when on tour !

11. Adrian Wong

Actually, that's very true. I joined the local tours in China and man, they give you like 30 secs to take a shot and "let's MOVE, people!!!". :doh: