Need For Speed Carbon

Discussion in 'Games' started by plasma, Nov 15, 2006.

1. plasma

plasma Newbie

Anyone tried that yet?
    My friend tried it on an ATI Radeon x1400 and comp restarts at opening screen.
    Read that renaming/deleting the MOVIES folder would "sort of" solve it, but that still sucks.

Looking for a real solution.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It means there's a problem with playing back the movie clips. Nvr played it, no idea how to solve it.

3. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Try doing a clean installation

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm playing it on both X1600 Pro and also 7600GS on my office PCs, both works fine. :D

This game is not bad at all, with muscle car which I don't like... most of them are the same with Most Wanted except now you are conquering territory instead of moving up the ladder and you have your own crews which maybe your scout, wingman and errmm... one more I forgot. :faint:

But still quite good actually... not much improvement... but still fun and the drifting races... wow! :mrgreen:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i dun like the AI :roll: computer always cheats ...

6. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

yeah..the drifting part is nice. but i still prefer most wanted... ;)

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The AI is indeed siao... they want to catch up with you, they can do it anytime. Even stupid lousy police car also can beat your race car. Unbelievable.. :faint:

I still can't win any of the drifting races... :haha:

8. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

this game is very short

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

yea.. AI sux man .. their top speed is god like

even when you reach your top speed with NOS
    somehow they can suddenly catch up with you :faint:

police are hell :faint: they can catch up with you anytime
    so hard to loose them

drift? you need speed ... if you keep banging into the wall ..
    you need to stop accelerating when you going to hit the wall :faint: it will give you some "traction" hahahahaha

10. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

unfortunately i blew my graphic card..now can even play although i did have the game with me:haha: :haha:
    i like the fact that it has the countersteer handling method in the drift race with i cant seem to do it NFSU2 (or it's just not there:haha: :haha: ) ..

11. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Like everyother NFS game I think EA has killed this series like the Sims series.

I got bored after playing Carbon for an 1 hour as well as everyother NFS game as they are too repetitive.

12. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

yeah.. but the thing is i get to show-off to my other NFS frens once i finish earlier than them..LOL

13. zachig

zachig Newbie

I'm gonna grab a copy of this one, when prices will go down a bit. :?
    I really hope I won't get dissapointed, as I really liked the previous ones in the series, but I heard from too many people (including from werty, just now) that people got bored of it pretty fast...:(

14. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

if you like the previous version then you'll probably like this one too coz its as repetitive as the previous version:haha: :haha:

15. zachig

zachig Newbie

Thanks...I guess I'll try it anyway, but I'm still waiting to get it for low price, so it might take 2 weeks to 1 month will I'll eventually buy it. :?

16. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

I have to say the game is fun for 1 hour.. after that it just gets too damn boring..

And whyyyyy did they remove drag racing?! that was so fun..

17. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

there's always an imperfect side of NFS game..sigh:doh: :doh:

18. Jet

Jet Just Started

Darn the AI is super fast at straight road.. :nuts:
    Nothing much new stuff in this game. I'm kinda disappointed :?

One more thing. I hate the drift so much.. :haha: :haha: :haha:

19. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

damn...i need to get my hands on it soon...i'm itching badly:wall: :wall:

20. Jet

Jet Just Started

I don't think you will feel as excited as now once you lay your hand on that game.

Btw, am i the only one whose fingers hurt for pressing the keyboard too hard? :haha: :haha: