need help: epox 8RDA+

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by athlonxp, Sep 15, 2005.

1. zachig

zachig Newbie

I might be wrong? But don't A'thlon64' and 'Socket A' RAMS are the same DDR modules??? Or am I nuts? :nuts:

As far as I know, DDR2 is ONLY for new Intel mobos!!!

Anyway, it's good to know that's I'm not the only one that made some damage due to my stupidity. Once, when I was a noob in PC's, I tried to mount my SDRAM the opposite direction and damaged my mobo :wall: :wall: :wall:

Don't worry, it can happen to anybody!!!

2. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

yup.. rite now only intel has the right to use ddr2 ram module.. amd64 still use ddr ram.. :mrgreen:

3. Eh? Really? Crap. Which means I was misinformed! :evil:

Hhhhhmmmmm........ :think: :think:

Then I think that's the best news I've heard this week!!! :dance:

1 person likes this.
  4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

nope. A64s use same memory types as Socket As. just make sure it's DDR400 though. :)

that's why i still have 3 sticks of BT-D43s, waiting for my A64 upgrade. :D

5. I really have to get this off my chest.

I am just in total awe of the service that I got from both EPoX and our local authorized distributor for EPoX. :shock:

I emailed EPoX the other evening asking if they could send me an extra BIOS chip and I really wasn't expecting them to reply that soon since I was thinking that they probably get a bazillion emails each day. But I was extremely and pleasantly surprised to see a reply from them and it took them LESS than a day to get back to me!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :faint: :faint: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :beer: :beer:

I was referred to their local retailer here and I just emailed them early this evening (around quarter to 6) which meant that they would get my email AFTER office hours. Again, I was surpised like a monkey that's been given a banana the size of B1 and B2 because not only had they replied the same day, the email was also (I felt) so courteous and competent in its content!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: :faint: Service like this is EXTREMELY RARE to find in our country!!! You usually see this kind of attention if you're caucasian or if you're some VIP!! (sadly, colonial mentality and s#*t!)

So, in honor and respect to this company, I'll post their web address here. :thumb:

Just check them out and browse through their site for awhile if you people have the time. Thanks!!! :thumb:

http://www.pctrends.com.ph/

6. Okay, after all the raucus over the pain I inflicted myself with almost destroying my motherboard, it is now back up and working again.

How? I have absolutely no idea at all. :faint:

I just left my rig alone for the meantime since I haven't had the time to bring it to that place that I found that could reprogram my BIOS chip.

But just recently, I flipped the switch back on because I needed a CD that was in the drive. I didn't even bother to turn the monitor on. I noticed, though, that there wasn't that beeping sound that annoyed me before.

The following day, I powered it up again but this time with the monitor on. Lo and behold, IT BOOTED UP FINE!!!!!! :faint: :faint: :haha: :haha: :haha: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Does anyone have any ideas as to why? :mrgreen:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL!!! That's amazing!!! :haha: :haha:

8. zachig

zachig Newbie

Yeah, that's kinda weird also :shock: . Anyway, don't know what happend, but you should be glad it is working again. :clap:

9. You can bet Saddam's butt on that!! :haha: :haha:

I was literally jumping for joy!!! :haha: :haha: :dance: :dance:

10. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

i'm playing CS:CZ.. suddenly my pc freeze.. then i push the reset button.. and then nothing come out.. disassamble everything.. check the hardware 1 by 1.. nothing also.. when i press the power button, no sound nothing.. the screen blank.. at first i thought it was my processor.. chenck it by putting it to my friend board and it work fine.. then i suspected the graphic card and test it with my friend rig and work fine also.. dunno what is wrong.. maybe my board.. ive check every inch and nothing wrong the post-port led display just show FF.. helppp.... :cry: