Negarakuku!?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Falcone, Aug 9, 2007.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yup. definately coming. latest is probably march next year.

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Sigh... these G guys. They are making the problem really complicated. Why, they could just ignore it ONCE and for ALL. Now this and that happens, and that also dampen the mood of 50th anniversary. Sheeeeeeesh. Hey, our neighbours in Singapore is just looking at these Gs and could be making weird comments later. :shock:

Now, even the Lowyat forum is just difficult to be entered because maybe the case in the off-topic discussion areas. :shock:

Worse, if this G can still harp on the same old issue of "My Negaraku" or any variants, well, this country will be famous... for the wrong reasons.

Example: Have you played Hitman II : Silent Assassin? A classic 2002 game, but I can certainly tell you, their manual book get the whole info about M'sia almost wrong, where they said "Hub for criminals".

And there's a scenario (total 3 levels) which happens in Malaysia - the Petronas Twin Towers. There, the game designers MISTAKEN the Ground floor (original: shopping centre) for a financial office (Financial Centre Kuala Lumpur - FCK). Good. And the receptionists can say something like "Walau! Sorry-lah, no can help you", or "You not can go basement". I laughed all the way in this game! (There's more to it - if you play it you will know this level particularly WELL) :haha:

I hope in the future Malaysia will not be painted a wrong kind of picture.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Umm it just a game. o_0 They just wanted a real malaysian building to fit in to their story line. Just like that other movie. :rolleyes:

4. The_YongGrand

Haha... yeah, it's just a game, and I laughed like mad. :haha:

Anyway, the G guys still couldn't put aside the small matter of the country rap.

They have soon forgotten the emphasis on how to fix that "School Milk Programme" thing also and other important matters. The thing is, in actual terms, the country consists of people (human beings). So, in order to have a good country, a country must take care of the citizens (like parents). A country doesn't want tired, sick and lethargic citizens. What better way to have a good country? The health! Not all the small microscopic matters. The G guys, please Grow up and become more caring G that can take care of all the citizens in Malaysia! Then only a better country can be formed. :mrgreen:

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

HAHAHAHAHA :haha: :thumb:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

EXACTLY!!! That's the idea... Ask yourself, what is the government worried about now? What would make them suddenly pick up a song that has been around for ages and make a big fuss about it?

If it's not namewee's song, it will be about the Indians oppressing the Malays in Klang, or that the Second Link in Penang will be built with Chinese labour (instead of local labour). Of course, the latter will be a little hard to sell since we are borrowing money from the Chinese government! So, I guess namewee's the easiest target.

Right now, our share market is at the brink of a collapse. The papers are surprisingly upbeat, even when the US subprime market has collapsed.. and so many banks all over the world are in trouble. Surprising, isn't it? Is our economy really that rock solid? If the Singaporeans are worried, why shouldn't we be?

Is it because the elections has not been called yet? If so, I think Badawi will want to hold it before the economy collapses. Then again, he has to hold it off long enough to shore up his defences, as his popularity has dropped down the drain.

The government needs to shove the blame elsewhere. Otherwise, they cannot account for all the shoddy mistakes and scandals that have plagued this administration which had earlier won its support based on promises to crack down on corruption. It looks like it's doing the opposite.

Crime rates are higher by 10% just this year alone, and corruption is far worse than it was ever before. Now, our politicians are so daring that they no longer care if you know they are corrupt. They can just wave their hands and have the Attorney General declare that there is insufficient evidence to charge them. :thumb:

The point is.. namewee's song is just a way for them to draw attention to something that will cause tension and distraction. They want everyone to get agitated about this and forget about the other, more important problems. Who will worry about the worsening economy when some Chinese bloke has just "insulted" your religion and race? We should all chase them back to China where they belong, right?

And it's working. I read several blogs by our Malay compatriots. I understand if they are angry. Sure enough, there are plenty who are and I would say they have the right to be. After all, look at the kind of stuff the government is saying about the song.

But there are also who have actually called namewee all kinds of names and threatened to kill him and his family. I mean, come on... What kind of people are we? If this is not incitement, then I don't know what is. The government should be charged for attempting to incite a racial riot. :hand:

It's unfortunate that most of our citizens still have not learned to go online and seek the truth. Instead, they rely on government propaganda in the newspapers. While everyone else is worried about the US economy, our newspapers are still saying, "Hey, it's all fine and hunky-dory. It's nothing but a technical adjustment".

Anyway, the point is... I don't mean no disrespect to namewee and his song but it is really irrelevant to us. It has absolutely NO bearing on our nation and its stability. On the other hand, what our government is doing has. Their constant incitement of the various races in this country threatens the country's stability. They MUST be stopped.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  7. The_YongGrand

That's right, doc. :) That's rap star's song can be easily brushed off and the G should be focusing into other matters. Not sure why want to make a BIG deal out of it. Why, if they make that situation even worse, they shouldn't be whining if the Golden Jubilee's mood is dampened.

If I were the G, I'll put more focus on the other stuff, like the "School Milk Programme" and the education. Come on, at least the students are our country's future too. :mrgreen:

Maybe the G feel so "boh song" (not feel good) so they are chasing after the rap-star for the sake of next year's thing. Who knows, they don't want their neighbours to know all about it... :haha:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  8. The_YongGrand

Oh man is that rap-star making another new rap song as well? I heard it from some newspapers!! :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

Ahh.. You missed my point. They do NOT want to brush it off. It was the government (MCA specifically) who brought it up for the others to make a fuss about.

They specifically did it to distract everyone from more troubling issues, like the Port Klang Free Trade Zone, where the government has recently agreed to bail them out of their 4.9 BILLION ringgit debt. That's 1.42 BILLION US DOLLARS of the taxpayer's money!!!!

Or the fact that the government mysteriously paid the company running the project RM 25 psf for the land when their own surveyors put the price at a max of RM 10 psf (which is already 2.5X above the original price of RM 4 psf that the company paid).

Or the fact that the big boss behind the company is UMNO's very own Treasurer! Wow... Now, isn't that more troubling for Badawi? If I were him, I would want to draw the public's attention to something controversial. Better let some Chinese kid in Taiwan bear the brunt of the public's pent-up anger than me! :D

10. The_YongGrand

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Ha ha ha... now our beloved country is almost a laughing stock. Instead of putting emphasis on important stuff, now they are doing a serious manhunt. :haha:

It's like chasing one person when there's 10,000,000 people in here needs help at the same time. Or the clapping of both hands when the person is clinging on a rope. :haha:

Alas, alas, now the rap song is also sold in VCD format in night markets!! What better way to make the situation more worse!! Please tell me it's just a freaking nightmare! We don't want anymore of these turmoils and more problems! :mad:

And Is this a way to celebrate Merdeka anyway? They have only almost 2 weeks to fix the mood before it gets seriously bad.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  11. Adrian Wong

Trust me, they couldn't care less if they look like idiots on CNN or BBC. They are worried about staying in power. Badawi has to call for new elections in the next 6 months or so. Time's running out for them.

Even now, several Kings have started to make overt statements about his government. This is an obvious, if subtle, snub at his government. Their opinion is obvious. Badawi (and his manipulative son-in-law) MUST go.

BTW, you will note that PAS did not make any noise about the song. Isn't that odd? PAS is after all a conservative Islamic party, one who called for Hudud laws to be implemented across the country. Why aren't they making noise about a song that supposedly made fun of Islam and the country? Odd, isn't it?

Eh, it really isn't that bad la... Only the government and the press (government-controlled) are making a big fuss about this. Yes, most Malaysians are talking about it, but at least no one is making trouble over it. You don't have riots, or protests. Not unless you count UMNO-initiated ones. :haha:

So, IMHO, most Malaysians will keep a level head on this issue. It really isn't as dramatic as everyone made it out to be. Will it kill you (like the dangerous bus driver who killed 20 of 29 of his passengers recently)? Will it rob you of your job and livelihood? Will it increase the crime rate in your neighbourhood? The answer, of course, is no.

If anyone can spoil the mood, it will be UMNO and UMNO Youth. They will continuously harp on it, cause they need to squeeze out as much political PR from it as they can. They NEED every single Malay vote to make it though the next election.

Recent analysis have shown that most Chinese will vote for the Opposition (no matter who they are) while Malays will be split down the middle (with a slight majority to UMNO). The Indians will, unfortunately, be pretty much behind MIC. So, they stand to lose quite a few seats in Parliament in Chinese-dominated areas, which will not go well with some fat politicians.

To minimize the damage, they will have to win as many Malay votes as possible. They need to incite some racist or religious issue to do it. I mean no disrespect to my Malay compatriots, but NOTHING boils the blood of any person of any religion or race faster than some perceived insult to the religion or race. UMNO is indirectly telling everyone, if you want someone to defend your race and religion, vote UMNO!

Of course, not everyone is a fool. They can't fool them all. That's why the government has been making trouble for progressive Malays like Raja Petra and Ahiruddin Attan. But they will do their best to fool as many as they can.

So, IMHO, the best thing we can do is spread the word to EVERYONE. Don't get distracted by such trivial issues. This is exactly what the government wants you to think about. What's more important is the corrupt crap the government has been up to lately. Lots of stuff have been exposed and yet NO ONE has been held accountable for the BILLIONS of ringgit lost.

We, the rakyat, can make the government accountable for their dishonourable conduct by voting them out. 50 years of BN rule, and this is what they have to show for it? It's time for change.

Note : I was a fervent BN and Mahathir supporter in my youth... until I learned of the blatant corruption going on. I must say though that this administration takes the gold for the most screwed-up administration EVER. :hand:

12. The_YongGrand

Yeah... those rap song is a micro-issue, but the guys wanna make sure that the guy is caught because if they don't, they might get uh... laughed. :shock:

Still, in the other forums, I can see almost a warzone pertaining about the issue. I can't help but laugh because the guys are just throwing insults to each others. :haha:

13. Adrian Wong

I beg to differ. I don't think they really give a hoot about namewee. He could commit suicide or migrate to Taiwan or even get away for all they care. They just want the issue heated up RIGHT NOW so that no one will bother too much about the current PKFTZ scandal.

Or even the new judicial crisis where the Chief Justice wants the government to dump the British common law in preference for Islamic law.

Or the recent scandal of how the judiciary promoted a negligent judge to the Federal Court when he kept at least two men on death row for years without allowing them to appeal. All because he was too lazy to write out his judgement.

Or the hot issue of how the RTD and JPJ failed to enforce laws involving traffic and vehicles, leading to at least 4 fatal accidents involving public buses in the last week or so.

In countries with governments that have a strong sense of responsibility, the responsible ministers would have resigned on the spot. At the very least, heads would have rolled. However, in Malaysia, they are only promoted. To cover the issue though, they need a scrapegoat. Namewee is just a convenient scrapegoat.

His songs have been online for ages. I've seen the Negarakuku song ages ago. And now, the government is accusing him of NOT repenting and creating a NEW song that insults race/religion/gov/whatnots. But it really is an old song, OLDER than the Negarakuku song.

You will see the government continue to harp on this issue. No doubt, they will threaten to sue him and strip him of his citizenship. But honestly, they have no legal basis to do it. It was a work of art. An artistic expression. They have no right to dictate what he can or cannot sing about. I may not agree with all his lyrics, but I sure defend his right to do it.

If they want to use the Sedition Act, they should also charge Hishammudin Hussein, who seditiously raised the keris and threatened to "soak it (the keris) with Chinese blood". Now, if THAT is not seditious AND racist, I don't know what is. :hand:

Incidentally, Hishammudin is our Minister of Education. Little wonder why the standard of education has dropped so much. He should be ashamed of shaming his father's good name. His father, Tun Hussein Onn was known as the father of perpaduan (unity) and yet his son has shamed him by his seditious and racist actions and words. :hand:

However, do not think that I truly believe Hishammudin is a racist. I just believe he was intentionally seditious to drum up the image that he is a protector of Malay rights. Yeah, right. So many Malays (as well as Indians and Chinese but never mind them) are still being left in the boondocks. What exactly did Hishammudin do for them? Defend them against the rabid immigrant Indians and Chinese? Hahahahaha... :haha: :roll:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  14. Adrian Wong

Anyway, forget about all the seditious and racist overtones our government has taken in recent years. We are all better than that. Just ignore their seditious words and actions, and be our true selves.

Like what was conveyed in the movie Evan Almighty, we can all change the world. All we need to do is just one random act of kindness at a time. :thumb:

15. The_YongGrand

Yeah you are right! No wonder they are making the fuss out of it - there's the Klang Project? What ever happened to the project anyway?

And also, yes, everyone can change the world, because everyone makes up the world including everything in this world!! :wicked:

And that Education Minister is Tun Hussein Onn's son? Oh man, that minister should think and learn of his father first - he's a great leader in terms of unity! :haha:

16. Adrian Wong

Eh, you need to read more! :mrgreen:

Check out the coverage of the Port Klang Free Zone at Malaysian-Today.net.

Yeah, lots of our ministers are sons of our previous ministers. Like Najib. I'm sure you know he's Tun Abdul Razak's son. ;) When you think about it, it's almost like a monarchy already. :haha:

17. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

-- AND NAJIB N HISHAM is cousin :wicked:

18. Adrian Wong

Yup. They are cousins. :mrgreen:

That's why it really is almost a family business. :haha: :haha:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

So true and spot on...

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Social contract theory. However you must understand the context of that philisophical argument.

Social Contract Theory = People cede their individual rights for a government through a 'General Will'. Thomas Hobbes' State of Nature highlighted this as well.

The quote on its own literal context could sound spot on, but in the greater context, its underlying theory supports government's like the Malaysian government (Malaysian people's lack of care asserts this theory). This inadversely supports the wrong party that you are trying to support. :p

Careful when quoting. :mrgreen: Look not at the Wood on the Trees but instead the Trees in the Woods... :thumb:

Needless to say, my view on social contract theory is very low. :p But there are some parts that I agree with (I'm a utilitarian - greater good).