Never Ride A Bus From The Bukit Gantang Company!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Trust me when I say this - do NOT ever ride a bus from the Bukit Gantang company! :mad:

Last week, I took their express bus from Melaka to Penang. It was scheduled to leave Melaka at 10pm, stop for rest and food at Slim River and then reach Penang around 5am.

As expected, we set off late because three people failed to show up and the bus operator wanted to make more money by reselling their seats to last-minute travellers.

He resold all three seats only to find one of the latecomers turning up 5 minutes later. When we left the station, he was frantically trying to find a seat on another bus for the poor guy. Of course, he was 25 minutes late. :roll:

During this trip, we had TWO drivers. One appeared to be the senior driver, while the other was a rookie. A real rookie. The rookie started the journey and immediately, his driving skill was in question.

The senior driver had to tell him where to turn, and when to CHANGE GEARS!!! :nuts: He also had to warn him about cars coming from the sides. The rookie almost sideswiped a Kancil (a small car) and actually tried going up a steep incline with a high gear - we were barely moving! :nuts:

And then, the senior driver whipped out a cigarette and started smoking.. in an AIR-CONDITIONED BUS!! :doh: Then he went to sleep.

Then near KL, the bus' headlights blew - BOTH of them! :shock: And when the rookie driver asked the senior driver what to do, guess what was his reply?

Believe it or not, the senior driver told the rookie to "terus jalan"! (Carry on!). :shock: :nuts: And then he went back to sleep. So, there we were - at the mercy of a rookie driver without lights!

To his credit, the rookie drove slowly and attempted to follow the tail lights of passing cars to make his way. But when there were no other cars, man, was it scary! I was sitting in the front and I couldn't even see the center divider or the marker lines on the road! He was creeping along at 30-40km/h, trying to keep on the road using what little light was available. :nuts:

Somehow, we managed to reach the R&R center in Slim River. He told us the break would take 25 minutes... but I think it took over an hour. Apparently, they were waiting for a replacement bus.

When the bus came, we switched buses. And then they discovered that two passengers won't be following us any longer. Why? Well, the original bus was able to seat 24 passengers but this replacement bus could only seat 22 passengers!

So, two passengers were kicked out at the R&R stop. The senior driver now had to ask the other buses at the stop if they could take on extra passengers. I have no idea if they were actually able to find place on other buses since we left without them.

Thankfully, we reached Penang alive. But trust me when I say that travelling by a Bukit Gantang bus is not something I want to repeat, EVER! :mad:

2. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 Newbie

haha!!!
    take a plane bro!

ey,btw.....wat's the bus number? Go buy lottery.

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

bus rage... :think: :wall:

I would have been mad too! :doh:

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Wow. this is a story worth reporting to the papers. Or maybe let Jeff Ooi know about it?

5. Jet

Jet Just Started

You really should complain to the comsumer assosiation..

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

*sigh* I bet those people won't do anything even if we complain... bunch of.. :silenced: :snooty:

7. Adrian Wong

Ahh... I forgot the letters (have to look it up) but the numbers were 7777. :mrgreen:

8. Adrian Wong

I thought of complaining to the newspapers. Maybe I should. :think:

This is really appalling behaviour by a bus company, IMHO. :snooty:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

basket...if 4 different numbers still got chance..

but 7777 confirm go jungle adi....hahahahahahah..
    buy 10 years also won't come out

might as well just save the money go visit uncle lim :mrgreen:

anyway, just wondering..how often do u ride bus back penang adrian?

10. Adrian Wong

Me? It depends. But I don't take the bus that often from Melaka to Penang.

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

takes notes * bukit gantang*

darn...this is some worst experience...

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

once a year? or every 2 years?

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i had bad experience with konsurtium .. ahh (dont know how to spell) :wall:

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I love Konsortium! Because they speed and arrive before time! :thumb: I love the sound of the overspeeding buzzer! :thumb:

15. ESP

ESP Newbie

Wtf. The senior driver really sucked. :boohoo:

16. Adrian Wong

No idea. Why? :think:

17. Adrian Wong

Yeah, and he didn't even care about the rookie after he went to sleep. :nuts:

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

overspeeding buzzer rocks...
    ppl can't sleep! hark hark hark hark hark...
    TIIIIIII..TIIIIIIII...TIIIIIIII..TIIIIIII..TIIIIIII..TIIIIIIIII...TIIIIII..TIIIIII

19. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

whoah siao! :shock:

complain!!! :evil:

20. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Highlight to the papers! :evil:

This is one time bomb waiting to go off! :doh: