New build

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cyberwarrior, May 5, 2008.

1. Cyberwarrior

Cyberwarrior BOG Translator

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Yeah, we can see it now.

Your build looks good to me, the $80 rebate on the PSU is also nice. Only thing i'd change is the CPU cooler to tihs one: Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

It's the same but this one looks a lot more awesome :p

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Looks good but personally I think both those CPU coolers are twice what I would pay based on overall performance ...

4. Cyberwarrior

5. Midicow

Midicow Newbie

Silver and aluminum do.

Any reason you're choosing a E6600 65nm over the 45nm cores of the same price?

6. Cyberwarrior

7. Mac Daddy

Copper and silver have better heat transfer aluminum has better heat dissipation because the alloy is not as dense.

On the second cooler the ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler I personally prefer something with a copper base and heat pipes with aluminum alloy cooling fins.

8. Midicow

Midicow Newbie

sorry, my question was to metsamees,

BTW research that board, it MAY not support the 9800.. sounds kinda silly but a large portion of the good boards for amd have a 3-phase VRM that will not support 125+ watt processors.

9. Cyberwarrior

How did you do that?????

10. metsamees

metsamees Newbie

lol, i just made a print screen and pasted on paint then worked around with the image, then saved it went to imageshack.us and uploaded there and then getting the link which i can but under reply tools.:)

And Midicow i'll check the specs later and then reply to it:thumb:

11. Cyberwarrior

Ok I'll try it,because I need the feedback.

12. Cyberwarrior

[​IMG]

Ok this are my final choices,comments welcome.

13. Midicow

Midicow Newbie

Mx-2 has better performance than arctic silver and is non-conductive,
    Ocz's thermal paste is made from silver like arctic silver but tests have shown it to perform on part with everything except diamond-based thermal pastes.

14. Cyberwarrior

I'll look into it now,making this order in 2 days.

Included mx2 in order,I'll get both and compare.

15. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

I just don't catch it the CFx Board with the nvidia card rofl XD.... really ... why not buy an SLI board if you're go to buy an Nvidia card?

16. Cyberwarrior

I am not looking to SLI for now.I'll just be glad to replace this 6800gt.
    For that matter I could just get a GX2,and save myself a headache.

17. Mac Daddy

Have heard this but never tried MX-2 myself :think:

18. Cyberwarrior

To cover all bases I am ordering both,AS-5 & MX-2.

19. Mac Daddy

Good plan and let us know how that CPU cooler performs I doubt for twice the cost it will perform as well as this one ... but I might be wrong as I have never tested one ... Have a Freezer 7 in a drawer here somewhere if anyone needs a 50CAD CPU cooler that ain't worth a sh*t :shock:

30-40CAD(with second fan)

http://forums.techarp.com/reviews-a...ster-hyper212-dual-fan-cpu-cooler-review.html

20. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

I've reviewed both MX-2 and TX-2. (I have about 3 tubes of each now......) and I personally like them more than the AS5 (I still have a tube of it).

btw MX-2 and TX2 are from different companies though. MX-2 is from Arctic Cooling while TX-2 is from Tuniq, part of Sunbeamtech :)