Ninth malaysian plan !

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ALstonLoong, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Dunno who mixed up last time le... :whistle:

And slow slow wait le... they won't build in Prai one... Penang Island maybe, but not Prai. ;)

Open your eyes wide wide, Penang Island, not Penang or Prai. :mrgreen:

2. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

humm... a Lrt from prai to penang island will be good :p :wicked:

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:mrgreen: :faint:

4. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

One thing i dont understand is ....why we must have several bus company instead of one ? i mean ..cant they join up and form one company ? so something like touch and go and be used in any public transport. Isnt it better ?

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's okay to have multiple bus companies. That's competition.

What they actually need is a UNIFIED payment system, like Touch&Go, like the Octopus card in Hong Kong.

6. Adrian Wong

Regarding the petrol subsidy, they should LIFT it completely. Well, they will do it eventually anyway. I'm fine with that actually.

But in return, they need to do away with the ridiculous taxes on vehicles. No more taxes and excise duties, please.

Also, instead of pegging the road tax to engine capacity, which is pretty stupid IMHO, why not add it as a small percentage to the price of petrol? So the more you drive, the more you pay.

Alternatively, peg it to the pollution index of the vehicle. This will encourage Malaysians to adopt less polluting vehicles. Of course, Proton cars with the lack of catalytic converters will suffer as a result, so I don't think they will do it. :D

Yeah, regarding public transport, they definitely need to improve it. They need to extend the LRT system, maybe add more carriages and definitely COMBINE some of the stations together.

7. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:mrgreen: 2.6 + 0.5, 3bil gone :mrgreen: I pay 30sen extra just for penang lang ngin nah!!!!!!!!?? :haha: :p heheheh..joking..

er..berapa peratus masuk pocket ar?

9. Adrian Wong

It's about time for Penang to get a second bridge. :thumb:

If that idiot Samy Vellu says that the current Penang bridge should be more than sufficient for the next few years, we should make him drive across at peak hour.

10. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

Just hope they wont throw whole bunch of crap before planning.

11. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

yes , more competition is not a bad thing. But for public transport ...i dont think is really a good idea if they wont work together.

12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i''m using Touch N Go for KTM :) .. like on saturday .. dont have to queue :)

13. Adrian Wong

That's why there must be a unified payment system. With a unified payment system, it doesn't matter which bus company you choose, you pay the same rate and using the same method.

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

So, it'll be up to each company to catch up on their quality and customer satisfaction. Now, that's something... :think:

If only they can do that and maybe even extend it to other areas like broadband access, cars, etc. :| Sigh... it's a Malaysian dream. :(

Wawasan 2020, ptuii... :p

15. Adrian Wong

LOL! Well, hopefully, Badawi can do something la...

I think he's busy trying to repair all the damage done by Mahathir... and leftovers like Samy Vellu. :roll:

Hmm.. I also hope they will focus on improving the quality of our young graduates. Frankly speaking, our quality of education is declining every year.

The Education Ministry seems more content "generating" larger number of A students than developing quality students. :roll: