No Hugging, We Are Muslims

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 13, 2005.

1. cypris

cypris Newbie

Yup, like I said, religion has been manipulated by man.

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:rolleyes:

I wonder if dolphin's go to church on Sunday. :think:

I wonder if whale's point to Mecca at the call to prayer. :think:

I wonder if bear's eat fish on Friday. :think:

I wonder if pig's think corn is Kosher. :think:

I wonder if lion's ever confess to anything. :think:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yet, you won't see an atheist elected president or prime minister, etc. :mrgreen:

AFAIS, religion and piety is a pre-requisite for anyone who wants to go far in politics. ;)

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

And do those that went to heaven ever report back that this place exist? :think:

No? Then why so many people believe in heaven? Because they are written in books? :think:

If that's so, I can forget about going to heaven already... :mrgreen: :haha:

1 person likes this.
  5. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

"religion and piety is a pre-requisite for anyone who wants to go far in politics."

Ahhhh, The root of the problem.... :roll:

And there are so many different religions and nations... :think:

And when one man/nations religion is deamed the only way to heaven, Then that makes me think that all of the religious folk/nations are doomed to go to each others version of hell. :think:

We are doomed... :wall: :haha:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

What's so good with heaven? And most of the thing we know of hell are from movies. :mrgreen:

7. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Okay, okay, this is getting out of topic. :naughty: :haha:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup. Always forgotten... :roll:

9. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

najib...haih..wat a name of Deputy PM? *shake upper head* :snooty:

if he think that hugging is something related to sex, then he is the one that always think about sex.... :snooty:

1 person likes this.
  10. cypris

cypris Newbie

LOL!!!!!! Interesting way of putting it LOL!!!! [​IMG] :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

how true .. he is the one thinking dirty in the first place :haha:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Exactly :haha:

should call him Deputy P0rn Minister :haha:

1 person likes this.
  13. Adrian Wong

One thing about hugging... I personally have not been brought up to hug people.

Once, I attended this personal development course where I honestly learned nothing of any use. But the final thing to do was to hug everyone in the group.

I must say that it was the most meaningful thing I've ever done in the entire course. Well, yeah, there were quite a few sweaty fellas but generally, it was nice to give each other a hug. :thumb:

In fact, after hugging everyone, I actually felt closer to them. Like we are all the same, all equals, irrespective of skin colour, age, race, looks, gender. In fact, I think if everyone starts hugging each other more often, there would be less animosity. :think:

So, while I understand now that some religions may forbid hugging, there's really nothing wrong with hugging. I didn't feel any increase in my desire to bed the pretty ones I hugged. If there was any interest, believe me, it stayed the same. ;)

Then again, perhaps Najib is merely voicing out his own fears. Perhaps he has personally experienced the "dangers" of hugging someone he secretly desired? :mrgreen:

I don't know. Maybe he's weak and he's worried everyone else is too. Hehe..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I was brought up to hug people. In grade school, everyday we hugged the teacher before leaving class. I hug my good friends and cousins.

The problem in Malaysia is that any form of touch between males and females are looked at poorly. It is a pity that it is thought that any touching between a girl and boy has to be sexual. I was good friends with a lot of girls when I was a little kid. We even had sleepovers.

I remember my first lesson in this. When I came back from the states then, I entered standard 5 in malaysia (public school.) I remember there was this one time, I was chatting with my cousin (a girl) and her friends. I proceeded to put my arms around one of the girls shoulders (something that I used to do in grade school) and the girl literally went into hysteria. I didn't know what I did wrong then but I was punished by my teacher. That was my second week of class in malaysia.

I feel nothing wrong touching girls (not feeling up mind you. :p ) I don't see anything wrong. I was VERY good friends with girls when I was young. Even know I still mix around with em.

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Exactly, kids here are all brought up like that.

16. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

najib scare to be hug eh....hmmm :think:

i think he got sexual abused from hugging b4 :whistle: :wicked:

17. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

Am really left behind in this thread, doesn't have time to read everything too....
    My views on this: some muslims care and follows their religion strictly, others are more open minded and more influenced by the west. what I do is I just respect them which way they follow, and I believe our muslim buddies in M'sia are not religion fanatics that twisted religion for war & terrorism in the name of God :nuts:

Like Najib said it's just about their religion, he's an elderly person and I believe that he's the former (follow islamic laws strictly) and also he's applying what he said towards younger muslim generations (the latter). Personally I dun think that this statement he make implies that he's unable to lead if he ever takes the PM post. It's more like a father telling a son/daughter "you shouldn't do this/that" matter. Having a strict and religious father doesn't mean that he's not a good father.

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Neither being a strict and religious father necessarily makes a good father. ;)

19. Adrian Wong

Well, that would be okay if he's just a father-figure. But he's not.

He's the Deputy Prime Minister. Possibly even our future Prime Minister. He's a leader of our nation - a multi-religious and multi-racial country.

What he says will be closely watched by everyone. Even if he's only referring to his Muslim brethrens, who's to say it wouldn't apply to non-Muslims as well? Look at the hand-holding incident in the past.

So far, our previous leaders have always preached moderation. We have become peaceful because of moderate thinking and values. It won't bode well if leaders start taking a radical slant.

Of course, I'm not saying what Najib is saying is radical. But it's definitely slanting past the moderate.