Noctua NH-D15

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by PowerSlide, Aug 30, 2014.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

Just bought it to cool my 4790K, initially not my 1st choice as kinda tempted by cryorig R1 but have to ship it internationally just imagine the hassle just to get the cooler..so end up buying this

My initial impression...huge box!

[​IMG]

open it up revel accessories box and mounting for amd and intel

[​IMG]

putting aside 3 box reveals a layer of foam padding

[​IMG]

remove the foam and we in another box in a box keeping the beast safe :haha:

[​IMG]

the supplied fan

[​IMG]

the beast in a box

[​IMG]

the packaging is tremendous..like a puzzle just to protect the heatsink..it doesn't move very secure

[​IMG]

and the beast is out with the fan attached..somehow smells funny like like in a pharmacy :haha:

[​IMG]

and the fans..the colour that make some go ewwwww but i'm not a woman i don't have sense of fashion or colour matching it's just another fan to me :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

and lastly the accessories box with thermal paste..fan clip..some splitters..a screw driver and a nice metal badge not some stickers..a very nice touch

[​IMG]

ransacking thru the box is very fun..noctua packaging i can say over the top but how much this thing cost i expect top quality

tonight will fix it up, stay tuned for more frustration or plain sailing process :mrgreen:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

How's the cooling performance? It's really hard to get aftermarket cooling here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yea..very limited choice here or go for AIO water cooling got more choices here

didnt fix it yet..my old case have to remove motherboard..tedious think about how much work have to do :shifty:

4. Chai

Time to get a new casing? :haha:

5. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

chai,

installing it a breeze..probably the easiest heatsink i have ever installed..BUT here comes the problem

[​IMG]

ram heat spreader raise the fan and now i can't close side panel :haha:

now you have cursed me and i need to find a new case :p

6. Chai

Can you install single fan setup in the middle?

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

pull/pull or single middle fan will work..have to use either these two option for now

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

mount the fan to the lowest point closest to the ram and still it goes so high

[​IMG]

and now just pull/pull solve this issue and temps just 1 to 3 degrees off :thumb:

[​IMG]

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Seriously huge cooler! Luckily you can close the side panel. :D

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yes it is..the biggest i've ever used :thumb:

it's intimidating with it's size but very very easy to install, i never get it right 1st time with any aftermarket coolers but with this i get it right easily..very good mounting design

want one of the best in the market air cooler? get this :thumb:

11. trodas

trodas Newbie

Very nice... however all we want to see are what temps you get on what CPU/Vcore and clocks. Iddle/load. So we can congratulate you or forget about Noctua.

Chai -
    That is surprising, since today my Noctua NH-C14S come and on the side of the box is "Made in Taiwan." So that must be easily exported around the world... or is not it? :?

Never the less, there is new versions of the Noctua NH-D15 out - a Noctua NH-D15S, witch is modified to not interfere with the topmost PCIE slot and also it have only one fan included, so it is slightly cheaper.

So Noctua already have a better version of the cooler and we still don't even know the temps with this one :roll: