Nuclear War Movies

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Trinity, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I was listening to some late-night radio at work a week or so ago and they had the guy that directed the old nuclear war movie The Day After. Man that movie allways creeped me out. It was interesting to hear the guy talk about how ABC wanted to "lighten it up", and how he wanted/insisted on making it as blunt as possible. (BTW, He also directed startrek 2 and 6) So I thought I look it up on YouTube, and sure enough the whole movie is there. I watched it again, And was looking at the related videos and I found a movie named Threads... All I can say is this movie makes The Day After seem like a walk in the park. Even had some disturbing dreams over night.(trin shiver):think: :faint:

Give it a watch and let me know what you think. Warning, this movie is not for the faint of heart.:hand: YouTube - Threads 1 of 12 FULL MOVIE Nuclear War

Also, You got a favorite nuclear war movie? Let me know.

Off to play some missile command...:)

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ermm... Pearl Harbor? :think: :mrgreen:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I love war movies. Saving Private Ryan and the Band of Brothers for sure. Valkyrie and the Inglourious Basterds too!

Too bad the industry is so politically correct that it is always about the Allied and rarely about the Axis.

The Nazis and the Japanese may not have the most admirable politics (and that's putting it lightly) but it would be nice to see films that show how it was over on the "other side". There are lessons to be learned, and it may show that not everyone on the Axis is bad or evil (e.g. Valkyrie).

4. Trinity

Watch Threads and let me know what you think...

Two nights and still bad dreams...:faint:

5. Adrian Wong

Watching it right now. :thumb:

There are 12 of them, right?

6. Trinity

Yeah, 12 parts on youtube.

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Got blood or not? Mutated bodies?

8. Trinity

Yes, Yes.:sick:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Thanks but no thanks. :hand: :mrgreen:

10. Adrian Wong

I'm watching the sixth part now. Very interesting!

11. Trinity

Goes downhill from there....:faint: