NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Of course! +rep! :thumb:

Well, any ideas about that? I did try not to use "non-standard" colours but it didn't seem quite as nice. Definitely we should do something to point out the card in question so we can more easily compare it against the competition.

2. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Thanks! :D

Simply use this as the font of the card being reviewed...
    I'm kidding! :haha:

Okay the current graphs with the orange scheme does look great. However as I said there's definitely an issue with using colors not in the legend for graphs even if they're ordered by shade (Sometimes a card will bench irregularly between resolutions so this neat order won't be so obvious).

Note sure if it will looks as good but one way to point out the card while at the same time sticking to the "standard colors" is by emphasizing it with the use of contrasting outlines. When doing this there's a very fine line between a professional, serious yet attractive look and a dull or overly stated look.

I noticed the review card's text is already bold (Although this is not very noticeable). Something should be done about this.
    You could try a similar outlined font (Dark outline, light fill color), or the regular dark text with a sharp thin, slightly transparent bright glow effect. Same on the graphs. ATI and NVIDIA do something similar to make the graphs on their presentations stand out. Although those typically use dark backgrounds so a different approach and some experimenting might be required. :think:

What software is being used to build the graphs?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ Review Rev. 2.0

We have just updated the review! :wave:

We first covered the launch of the new NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ on June 20, 2008. Launched right after the GT 200 series of graphics cards, the GeForce 9800 GTX+ is die-shrinked version of the venerable NVIDIA G92 GPU, used in cards like the GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB and the GeForce 8800 GT.

Thanks to the die-shrink from 65 nm to 55 nm, NVIDIA was able to further boost the core and shader clock speeds of the GPU by 9.3%. Everything else was unchanged, including the memory clock which remained at 1.1 GHz. Hence, NVIDIA called it the GeForce 9800 GTX+ (Plus), instead of the GeForce 9900 GTX.

[​IMG]

Link : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ Review Rev. 2.0

4. Abadshot

Abadshot Newbie

BFG GForce 9800 gtx Power cord question

Does anyone know what kind of power cords I need for this card, I ordered it but it didn't come with any, it has two spots for six pin, but not sure which cords I need, and should I use both power slots?

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You need both six pin power connector to use the card. It might work with one, but most likely it wouldn't work and you will get an error message.

Originally, it comes with 2 six pin to 4 pin power connector like this link below.

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-PCI-Express-Pin-Molex/dp/B0041P73LE

Another way is to get a power supply that comes with 6 pin power connector, which is pretty common these days.