On the fly CPU mods...

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Magicky, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Magicky

Magicky Newbie

Hope this si the right forum;

I’ve used CPU-Z for quite a while but recently found this:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/OverSoft_CPU_Informer_d4610.html

There are 5 tabs on the bottom for in depth reporting on CPU features {very similar to CPU-Z}, but the one that interests me is the Management tab. With “On Demand Clock Modulation: and the ability to reset the FID/VID on the fly it goes way beyond the CPU-Z prog.

Hasn’t caused any stability upsets yet, but then I’ve only modded the CPU up/down by about three percent. Too cautious I suppose…
    Magicky

oh yeah, a plug for Major Geeks too, great site, lots of freeware and great news shorts. Try the "Way Off Base" section ;)

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

3. Magicky

Magicky Newbie

DL'ed the ClockGen prog. Read the text file, really like the ability to set .bat files, I've always liked doing batch commands.

Ran some FID/VID changes OK. So its good for what it does, but I think that Oversoft has more reporting functions by far and shows the results of the mods in a very clear and immediate way. But, there you go, you pays your money, you takes your chances. Magicky:wicked: