Online gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chai, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Can't believe so many of you are not enjoying online multiplaying, it has to be the best way of enjoying gaming with real humans instead of stupid AIs...

2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

In my experience, some humans can be worse than AI :nuts: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. plasma

plasma Newbie

but there's the fun of beating the crap out of some guy than the ever predictable computer... and u can laugh all nite long...MUahahahahaha!!!! :haha:

altho some humans are very predictable too, but the fun is, i suppose, the variety that exists... and that look on their face when u hit 'em right when they're building that expansion or when u spot them at that corner hiding....

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I play online a lot... :thumb:

5. PlaySafe

PlaySafe Guest

true... AI is such a fake-fake eyes.
    but online gaming is damn real....now i can use the word(real) properly :lol:

edit: can you guys list in any ....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
  6. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

I'm a huge online gamer. It's especially much better if you have admin on a server. Allows you to kick smacktards.

7. Chai

LOL! :haha: At least you won't get sniped thru wall because AI can see thru wall! :shock:

Being a cheapskate like me, I've been playing free games like Live For Speed Demo, Enemy Territory. :p

8. jinongman

jinongman Newbie

i play gunbound... :oops:

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Aside from humans being less predictable than AI, I think the big draw of online MP is also the interaction with other people. This may not happen so much in fast-paced FPS like CS or UT2k4 where the only opportunity to chat is when you're dead...but certainly in the slower-paced ones (like my favourite Jedi Knight II :thumb: ) and most RPGs. In fact, JKII servers here in Australia (or even those in Singapore when they existed) were more like chatrooms than game servers. IMHO that's where a large part of the fun lies - making friends, talking rubbish, having a good laugh.

10. lung

lung Just Started

I only play online games when the ping is low... Especially FPS... No point playing if you can't shoot anything due to latency :lol:

So far I've been playing only FPS online... RTS kinda takes up a lot of time... And not as fun when you're playing with strangers... FPS is different cause it's a fragfest anyway :wicked: Miss the good old Quake days... Ahhh... quake.tm.net.my...

11. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

quake.tm.net.my still alive ah? hahaha

anyway got no time to play online games. work work work
    to tired when i get home. post some rubbish in ARP and then time to sleep.

so instead of playing online i play LAN! "rich mans alternative" to free online gaming. hehehehe

12. pmg4125

pmg4125 Newbie

Recently...... i play Guild Wars.... World Preview Event. Guess what ?? greedy players.

I played Conquer Online too.... guess what? kiddies goes ego

I played Enemy Territory ... guess what? politics...:(

I played gun bound... still the best game i ever play... but.... scammers and noobs(irritated players) around

i played GTA 3 and Vice City..... freedooomm!!! thats a good point for AI... no greediness no stress... :thumb:

But . frankly, i prefer Online Games... no matter what... its like a training for us to prepare to face the dirty world.. :twisted:

13. lung

lung Just Started

I tried Guild Wars too, but instead of giving me an MMORPG feel, guess what? It gave me a Diablo-ish feel instead. No thanks to the 'everything-is-instanced' formulae... :(
    Then there's the stupid 'crafting-only-to-get-new-armour'-thingy... :doh:

14. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Well I don't much have the time. I used to be really big in RPG.. I mean RPG, not hack-and-slash :) I don't _get_ online multiplaying.. what's the point of it ? endlessly level ? get owned repeatedly by cheaters ? or what ?

I used to play an RPG way back then.. total freedom of movement. You could, for instance, take out a dagger and slam it into the wooden table. If you were fast enough, you could catch an arrow in flight. I can't do that in any of your so-called "RPG"s. I don't know why they call them RPGs...there's no "RP" in the "G" at all :)

15. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

i play Hattrick (tactical football matches vs real people behind the other team) and also i tried UT2K4, and suprisingly i managed to make decent kill scores even with not-so-good skills and lousy ping. :rolleyes:

most times i play vs computers cos it's fun seeing the predictable fellas being blasted away. i just like to win. :p

16. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

Best thing about playing online is playing with friends! :D

17. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

yeah! online gaming is so fun. for me when 56k is my life. i used to play offline. when already on broadband. wooho! offline feel no fun at all.

18. lung

lung Just Started

Obviously you have not tried Ultima Online or World of WarCraft... ;)

And yes, online gaming with friends are really fun... :thumb:

19. Chai

Too bad I don't have friends to play with... :whistle:

20. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

I meant online friends. I play with my clan most of the time. :thumb:

And you could always go play CS:S with one of us. Since Friends sucks, hit me up on AIM/MSN/whatever sometime and we'll go play. :cool: