Online gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chai, Oct 14, 2004.

1. ESP

ESP Newbie

Anyone here playing MapleStory? :dance: I have a level 15 warrior. But this game is really boring. I have stopped playing it. This game is such a waste of time. :snooty:

2. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

I spent 2 good years in a cybercafe playing CounterStrike on LAN. It was good times. Got our own clan and everything. Held competitions and such. But it was not as crazy as KL folks. We were the number 1 team thought in Kuching. [SEED] Prolly never heard of us. LOL. good times.

BUT, it was all mindless FPS. MMORPG is a much slow pace interactive relationship building game. Pros and Cons muh fren. :mrgreen:

3. Aion-X

Aion-X Newbie

Sure 'cause AI always cheating by knowing ur location, bah bah bah to help their decision.

4. lordevious

lordevious Newbie

my opinion

:) hi there.
    i like to play these 2 online game
    1) survival project
    its a hack and slash game where the player with the most powerful cards shall triumph

2)mu online
    diablo like rpg. the best thing about it is never two person are alike as the equipment differs in colors, attributes and such. example if u equip a golden armor, it will show up as golden armor on your avatar.

i heard that there is two new mobile in gunbound. i might check it out later.

i like leveling. thats what rpg is made for. and questing with some friends might take away your stress. :D

5. I've almost always hosted the servers I play on. I ran a Quake 3 server for quite a few years. I just recently took it down for good. Nothing beats kick/banning people that take away from the fun of the game ;)

You Said it. I try to get together with my friends once a week to Play Halo 2 using Xlink KAI. we get some good 6 on 6 matches going with friends and family. It's so much more fun that way.

6. ESP

ESP Newbie

Anyone here playing SWAT 4? :wave:

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Is there an online mutiplayer mode for that? :shock:

8. ESP

ESP Newbie

Yes! :mrgreen:

9. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

No, everyone I talked to said it sucked REALLY bad and so I didn't bother.

10. ESP

ESP Newbie

:mrgreen: You mean it sucks as a single player or multi-player? To be honest with you, I also thought it sucked. :haha:

11. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

ROTFL!! :haha:

You brought it up because it sucked?? :haha:

Hey, does playing DotA count as online gaming? If it's played over a LAN? If it does, then this is THE online game for me! :thumb:

For the uninitiated - DotA: Defence of the Ancients, a custom map for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

hmm...i think that doesn't count as online gaming if its only being played in a lan environment. :mrgreen:

13. pinchetti

pinchetti Newbie

AI can be good...

I managed to write an absurdly simple game once upon a time... The self-teaching AIs ended up owning me most of the time... :wall: No human player ever managed that... :cool:

I like online gaming, but for a lot of games, it turns out to be a competition between the rigs running the games (and their bandwidth) - Warcraft is entertaining though...

Gotta admit it is more satisfying to own someone who can feel bad about being annihilated...

14. ESP

ESP Newbie

Nooo..! :mad: It was only after I played it did I realize that. :boohoo: But anyway, I got it for free. My friend made a copy of the game and lent me. :lol: :haha: Oops. :oops:

15. pinchetti

pinchetti Newbie

I just hate being the Noob :Boohoo:
    I tend to enjoy those games I can hold my own in - Warcraft III, and that's about all
    The FPSes of today barely give me enough time to think, let alone read what someone is writing to me... Call me slowpoke...
    The other extreme is too much for me too, however... MMORPGs where you meet online once per week... play-by-email style... NO game can hold my attention for a year - It would be nice if someone came out with an online AD&D RPG that allowed the same freedom as the pen & paper variety but still added niceties like graphics and ejecting your cupholder for you (think CD drive) :)

Enough.

16. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Heh I'm the opposite of you - WC3 is one of those games that I just plain suck at :haha:
    But give me any FPS and I'll do fairly well.

17. wodenus

wodenus Banned

If..hopefully in our lifetimes.. a holodeck ? :)

18. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Same here... :roll: Although it's been awhile since I've played any FPSes... Maybe the last was CS... :lol: But once you've got the hang of an FPS, shouldn't be hard to handle them all! ;)

I'm really bad at WarcraftIII, my neglected accounts on Battlenet are not worth even mentioning! :oops: Just can't build bases fast enough or micro[-manage] my armies! :wall: But DotA... One hero, I can handle! :mrgreen: :haha:

19. pinchetti

pinchetti Newbie

Drawbacks - downloads

Just bought Lineage II... Installed it and immediately had to start a download which ran overnight without finishing.... Over ADSL... Not impressed... Not sure how many 100s of megs the updates are, but if I wanted to download the entire game anyway, why pay for the CD?

... Sooo... a bit disappointed, though nevertheless the concept of receiving updates is a good one... 100s of Mb suggests maybe someone should provide the stores with more recent versions.... Also it's a pity there's no single player option... I'd like the choice....

Anyway, that's my rant for today...

20. pinchetti

pinchetti Newbie

Good thing about battle.net is the custom maps... Hero Wars, Tower Defense and the like... give them a go - learning curve of perhaps an hour, in Hero Wars you've only got your hero to worry about (troops are handled by computer)...