Online gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chai, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Haha yeah those custom maps were the only thing I played after realising how much I sucked at WC3 :haha:
    But last year I offloaded my copy to a friend who will appreciate the game much more than I do. :p

2. khelben

khelben Newbie

That's because Guild Wars is not an MMORPG :lol:

I play alot of America's Army, Battlefield 2, Guild Wars and Neverwinter Nights.

3. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

About friends...

One thing can lead to another...
    I got some online friends for playing Steel Beasts, a game that in theory support an unlimited number of players, practically a limit is drawn by the host's hardware and bandwidth. I'd still love to test it on a GBit LAN with some 300 players per side though... :cool:

Anyway... after we'd been playing every now and then for some months some of us got together a weekend IRL to playtest "the real thing" where it counts. That made us "real" friends as well, and we've had a few get-togethers since. :thumb:

/Olle

4. rac91790

rac91790 Newbie

I think it would be really fun to play this online but sadly no one I know has this game :( :cry: If anyone of you guys ever wanna play or know where I can find someone who will PLZZZZZ tell me cuz it really is boring playing those asinine computers.

5. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

Exactly what game do you mean?
    Several have been mentioned...

/Olle

6. rac91790

rac91790 Newbie

what I mean is that al tohught U guys have the game I don't know any friends or any of your IP addresses so I can't find a person to play against. Is there a website where u can get an IP address and play against someone? or do one of you not mind playing me? (though it would probably not be too fun for you unless u like winning lol)

lemme know cuz im dumb.

7. rac91790

rac91790 Newbie

and the game i was talking about was locomotion

8. Granite

Granite Newbie

It can be a challenge to coordinate all of my friends so that we can meet up to play, but when we do it's a blast.

One alternative we've done is to play turn based games that don't require us to be on at the same time. Dominions II for example is lots of fun.