Optical Mouse Users...What mousepad do you USE...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by neoro, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I always thought mouse started with 2 buttons...

2. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

I think he started with Mac's mouse ... :)

3. Chai

yeah, agree with that :)

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

note i said MOUSE. that means..........since the 1st mouse invented, regardless of whether they're PC or MAC.

but no worries. i was just guessing it was a 1 button mouse as apps weren't needing that much buttons then.

and i can never understand how iMac users survive with just 1 button. how to play RTS??

5. streem

streem Newbie

the two side button of the MS v3 mouse is damn damn useful lar..... once u get use to it... u will never wan to change other mouse unless they offered the same thing.....

6. Chai

I'm a heavy web surfer. I'm using the default functions, Back and Forward. My short term memory is extremely bad, I always refer back to the previous pages when I browse the forum. Useful. And you can assign other functions as well.

Anyway, back to the topic. How much is the cheapest Func Surface? Feel like getting a mousepad instead of using my A4 paper!

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

1 button mouse is stupid

8. drab

drab Newbie

Which one?left or right :roll:

9. streem

streem Newbie

well..... i got one place which is Virtual Arena in Hartamas but then it's price at RM130.... which is kinda expensive...... I know somewhere outside there offer much cheaper price..... but RM130 is so far i see highest

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Ahahahahahaha :lol:

11. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

If i am not mistaken...The concept of pointer is by MAC last time... I remember tat use it on some scanning device...Something like tat i can not recall the whole image... After that, MAC sell this concept to MS but need MS to develope some software 4 them ( am i rite ) this how it go on...

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Mac invented the mouse? No lar... It was Xerox who invented both the mouse and GUI. :)

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Mac bought the idea... BUT windows later copied the idea and released it earlier right???

14. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Okok hehe memory mix up... what i recall yesterday was MS copy from MAC ....

So what Xerox use the mouse 4>>> what system i mean>>> IS it a OS also?>?

15. goldfries

i thought i saw Apple PCs with mouse much earlier than any IBM PC.

16. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yup i think goldfries is rite...

17. Adrian Wong

I think it was Mac who copied/stole the idea from Xerox and then MS copied/stole it from them.

Mac people always complain that if it wasn't for them, the world wouldn't have GUI or even the mouse... Heheh...

But we know it isn't true, right? Hehe... We owe it all to the lab rats @ Xerox. :)

18. goldfries

actually prior to this topic.........i had done a research on the invention on mouse. it was like er......almost a week ago. the only thing i can't find is how many buttons the mouse started with. :)

http://www.superkids.com/aweb/pages/features/mouse/mouse.html

this is the article i found before posting it. i had gotten a few other articles about him much earlier. but this one has a nice "quote" that fits where the topic is going. :D

19. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

MS stole from MAC i thought there are some agreement on b4 MS implement mouse concept AM i rite??

20. Adrian Wong

LOL! So it wasn't even Xerox! LOL! Okay, okay... we definitely learnt something new today! :)

Hmm... stole? How to say MS stole from Mac when it wasn't even Mac's idea! Heheh...