overclocking... what else...

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by sham255, Nov 23, 2002.

1. ash

ash Newbie

usually the good processors are all within a certain batch and most good batches come from costa rica and malaysia if im not mistaken

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yup.. the best processors comes from Malaysia.. that's why u can hardly see them here... all those are usually shipped to US... dang. leaving us with the second-best Costa Rican chips... which suprisingly are quite good too!!!

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hehehe, I should take a picture of my friends Celeron 900. It was burnt, but for an unknown reason. The processor is still with me. :)

4. peaz

Elton got a 'super-cracked' duron core... :D i believe 1/4 of the chip chipped off !!!

5. Chai

Here's the picture of my friend's Celeron 900.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks OK from front, but look at the back, one of the components melted, and after it's cooled down, that piece stayed there.

6. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Hahha i still keep that "OVER_CLOCKED" Duron 800, ken i dun think so CHAM la until 1/4 hahha is a bit on conner !!! Should take a snap and post it here soon !!! hahaaaa :lol:

7. Biggus

Biggus Newbie

There have been a number of Intel P4s fried from OCing & over-volting :p ;)

8. infin

infin Newbie

Just a question, is this Adrian the infamous Adrian Ku of ISA Technologies?

9. peaz

LOL, No, Our Adrian here is Adrian Wong, a soon to be doctor! Yes that's doctor as in the person that prescribes u anti-biotics!

Anyway, check out our about page to find out more about him if you want to!

10. ash

ash Newbie

Adrian Ku from ISA runs his own website? i doubt it

11. dreamer

dreamer Newbie

12. peaz

Aiya... I know got Intel chips that died cos of o/c but I said I never seen one personally before mah...

What i really meant to say was that it's rare enough that I've yet too see one... hehe :D

Hmm SNDS.. interesting... Chai!!! Lucky we didn't Vmod our p4 1.8a !!!

13. dreamer

dreamer Newbie

Aiks~~ never read properly~~ :oops:

14. Chai

I knew about the SNDS, that's why I was never being 'ambitious' when overclocking the 1.8A :)

15. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

WOW. Very interesting read. But it will never have anything to do with me because:

Intel --&gt; EVIL
    AMD --&gt; EXCELLENT

:twisted: