Palm OS 4.1

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Mayhem, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem Newbie

Hey, i got this problem when trying to upgrade my palm 505 w/ palmos 4.0 to version 4.1, i was unable to do so. I did manage to download the rom flash program. When i tried to upgrade the rom it says that i got the wrong model of palm!

anyway can provide me some help or can just drop me the 4.1 rom?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Mayhem: WTF! Why in the world did you go buy the M505? Didn't you know the Handspring Prism's colour screen beats the M505 hands down? *Sigh* Anyway, I'm sad to say I can't help you on this cause I've not been following the PDA scene for quite some time know unless some one's willing to sponsor me a PALM based PDA and NOT a Pocket-PC! :) *Hint* *Hint*

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

what about the new Sony Clie??

The new Sonly Clie looks quite impressive.... but still hehe.. not my cup of tea...

btw, those are palmOs 5 right???

well, still the ads in the star looks pretty darn nice!!!

4. Mayhem

Mayhem Newbie

yikes! this is A SOS post. hehe...
    u guys talking about product features! darn!

but anyway i managed to get the full Palm OS 4.1 OS from a website (something REALLY tough to do! it's like searching for a lost diamond in the ice maker!) and flashed the whole darn pda.

the prism... the same ler... coz both running at the same resolution n 65k color. and PRISM using ROM, not flash rom. that means u kenot upgrade the OS!

that's another reason why PALM's pda cost more than handspring!

the best color screen palm pda will be sony! coz bigger screen resolution! 320x320! that's y u get crispy clear n colorful screen from sony!

IT'S A SONY n it cost you a bomb! lol! too expensive man! but the softwares bundle for picture n multimedia really cool!

palm os5 supposed to be the saviour of palm devices (security n lack of multimedia support) can be the holy grail to every palm users! but if im not wrong the current pda *might* not able to support it. i havent check it but i saw some saying about the processor thing, running on 16 bits or 32 bits something.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Mayhem: Yup! Handspring doesn't come with Flash ROM mainly because the PALM OS which it has been loaded with are edited mainly to support their hardware modules and the best part is, its lots faster than the stock version OS. =)

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

let's put it this way.. palmOS 5 = PocketPC... hahaha

seriously, if u see what's the listed features in OS5, you'll see all those stuffs that palm hav 'kutuk' about pocketpc.... and now they have it...

plus the processors are the Intel Xscale processors... the same ones new PocketPC pdas are using.... hmm.. whatever happen to their less is better stand???

7. Mayhem

Mayhem Newbie

jeremy :
    yup! but 3.5++ lack of some features! i know it perform better and more stable than the org version, but for updates you can only install patches in the memory rather than the rom.

peaz :
    aiya... time change everything la. do you think we can survive on dos anymore? samething with palm os, if they keep on keep to the trend surely will overwhelmed by ppc.

but yet the new os5 able to keep to the usual small size program! like ppc, buy dozen of memory cards is something too common!

but i dun think the os5 will able to run on my 505... buuu huuu :(

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Mayhem: OS6 will debut soon! =) But PALM is detracting from is KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID practice! *Sigh*

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's why, PPC rules!

10. Mayhem

Mayhem Newbie

hey... ppc fanatic! u r paid by microsoft!

btw we should be talking about palm os in this thread! lol!
    out of topic!

jeremy : palm0s6? r u sure?

11. Chai

Thanks to the ARP crew's influence :) I don't even have a PDA. :p
    Why are you talking about PalmOS6 then? Isn't that off topic as well? :D Just kidding.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Considering Tourist as a Microsoft & PPC fan, the farnie thing is he doesn't use a PPC. LOL!

Mayhem: www.palminfocenter.com

13. Chai

LOL! It's like I'm a Ferrari fan, but I don't own a Ferrari. :lol:

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Newbie

jeremy : the farnie thing is he's not kissing every Windows©®™ he live to see! LOL!

'oh... my precious... my precious... windows... my precious windows... maa... why did u wipe my windows???'

:lol:

chai : aik... at least we're talking about PALM os. hehe...

15. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Unitl now I never see how the Palm OS 5 look like... Is it that good ??? U know my technical friend all having a palm os on hand :( So lonely in college !!!

Jeremy: R u sure OS 6 going to come out??? The os 5 just no longer only wow !!!

Peaz: haha no need to say lah, same like me is a PPC supporter !!! Gogogo

Mayhem : Is time for u to change you Palm to Tungsten T Hahha !!!

16. Mayhem

Mayhem Newbie

tomb stone? :)
    undertaker's finishing move? lol.
    i'll buy when my fren found another careless user left his handheld! LOL!

just kidding.
    for me i think 505 is really enough. although lack of multimedia and the memory a bit small.

there's a lot of ppl buy handheld pc but aint doing anything with it.
    go around n play with other ppl's handheld n u'll see so little thing. the features they normally using are either the to do, the address and the notepad/workpad. that's all... finish.

17. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Ya true something when boring play some network game also>>
    Most of it my PPC is for appointment and contact... Sometime some infra printing coz lazy to go though the PC :lol: