Paypal FAKE !!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by elton, Sep 29, 2006.

1. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Hi everyone:wave: just like to share some experience here with you all. I never do any international transaction before thru Paypal as i do not have the accout also and here is what i got.:D

Last week one fellow like to buy my item from e-bay where i post it there. So after confirm all the price and shipment cost, she said she able to pay me from Paypal to my local HSBC account:nuts: , at that time i feel that is not right.:eh:

OK that fine, i pass her my account number which i think is ok:) and see what she can do. After one day, i receive this fake e-mail from Paypal which by right paypal normally will not send any letter.:think:

So i wonder how come, and i check this with Dr. Adrian :thumb: and confirm this is fake. My main point here is hope people never do any transaction like this will not get cheated by those fake Paypal email.:naughty: :hand:

(you can read the attachment and enjoy thier "rules" and "good english") :faint:

Attached Files:

2. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

i receive email from "pay pal" also, but i nv register with pay pal b4:eh:

[​IMG]

the link, link us to other place....

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, I get tons of paypal and ebay spoofs.

Easiest way to know is they never ask u to confirm or reactivate your account and you can view the email source and check where the hotlinks go (not whats typed in the email.):mrgreen:

4. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

I have a PayPal account and use it to send money for online purchases.

The point here is....

You cannot send money through PayPal to a local bank account.
    Someone sends money into you PayPal account and you withdraw it into a bank account.

Malaysian PayPal accounts CANNOT withdraw into a local bank. You can only withdraw into a US bank account (applies to M'sia and other countries under the same category)

IMMEDIATELY after any transaction you will receive a transaction receipt.

And PayPal does not require knowledge of your local bank a/c number..

Also, one interesting thing to note, PayPal has just moved their Customer Service HQ for non-US accounts to Singapore... beginning August/Sept I think.

I've been using PayPal for a very long time now.. with no problems.

5. bug

bug Newbie

try forwarding that obvious phishing thieft email to paypal and see for yourself how much they (paypal) refuses to do anything about finding or prosecuting the people using the paypal name and images to steal your account information!

6. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

I disagree. Recently PayPal served a legal notice to an owner of a website for phishing and faking PayPal and it involved even the FBI for investigations.

The website is a legal site. It just got hijacked by a PayPal phishing site.

PayPal takes this very seriously. They may not reply directly to you or acknowledge your help all the time but they do take these things seriously. And then there's the problem where there's too many phishing sites. So you can't really blame PayPal. It's not that they like these things you know..

P/S: I don't work for PayPal btw.

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, ebay and paypal really clamp down on these kinda things.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The key word here is to be wary. Lots of phishers and scammers around.