Pentiummm D 805 on crack

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Majormaggot, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pentium D 805 (2.66 GHz stock)
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    1 GB 667 Corsair XMS2 Twinx (4-4-4-12)
    X1950XTX Sapphire
    850W enermax Galaxy
    Zalman 9500 (amazing lil bugger)

40 degrees idle, 57 degrees with both cores max out with prime 95 and super PI. I just amazed that the Zalman can cool this thing when my room temp is about 30 C. Gonna save up for a water cooling kit, hopefully i can push it farther.

p.s. How high can i go with memory, FSB termination, ICH, and MCH voltages?? I don't wanna go and blow my board just yet:mrgreen: .

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

3. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

That's a pretty impressive OC and on air makes it all the better.

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Nice overclock :mrgreen: how about more volt? :wicked:

5. werty316

werty316 Newbie

6. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

With that power consumption it'd be trouble bringing it to LAN parties.
    In the worlds largest LAN party, held last weekend in Jönköping, Sweden (7752 paying participants, 7788 connected computers), each user was alloted 275W of power.

With Tom's system using 258W without overclocking that leaves only 17W for the monitor and any other peripheral devices used. Tough!

/Olle

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

OT : Jönköping? i have a friend who is gonna study at the business school there as an exchange student :p

8. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

ummmm..... yeah i'm not sure i wanna go any higher with air cooling (although i always want to make eggs in my computer...). 4Ghz should be good enuff for now. :p

9. slugbug

slugbug Newbie

Nice overclock. Reminds me of the old celeron 300A I had that OC'd to 450mhz.:)

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow! Old-timer! :thumb:

Off topic : The highest I ever went with the Celery 300A was 540MHz. :thumb:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

504MHz or 540MHz? :shock:

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Whoops!!! 504MHz! :haha: :haha: Sorry, typo. :D

13. Whowalks

Whowalks Newbie

thats a great result and stable I hope:shock:

14. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Pentium D 805 is always hot - pushing this to 4 ghz must require either a very strong cooler or a water based cooler.

By all means, this got to be the most bizzare thing - never seen such special results at 57 degrees full load! Hope it's running stable all day long. :thumb:

Btw, where to get the Celeron 300As? Heard that they are very rare antique. Suddenly I got the urge to play with it, and max it until 500... :shock:

15. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Celery 300A was a long time ago. But overclockers loved them so much that the legend lives on :mrgreen:

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I still have that 300A lying around!

17. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I remember playing around with my 600MHz coppermine celery (my home's very first PC :lol: )at ~1100MHz :haha: It's stable for normal use, but definitely not prime95 stable. The mainboard can't take FSB133, so I never get a chance to try out 1200MHz :wall: I almost got a 100% overclock on this celery LOL

oh, I killed it when I put it into someone else mainboard and run it without a heatsink :shifty: :nuts: :haha:

18. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

well now i'm getting around 53 degrees under stress testing (i'm using speedfan, pc probe 2 doesn't want to play nice right now), and under regular gaming i'm getting about 47-48, so its now that bad.... but it could be faster.

a side note, anybody out there got any pcmark scores i can compare to?? i wanna see if theres a lil more speed that i can tweak out.

19. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

This is really good overclock. Make sure you don't let it throttle down - it'll affect the overclock. Anyway, nice one you have. I wonder will it beat X2 3800+ ? :D