Perhentian photos ...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mikegas, Mar 31, 2010.

1. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I got bored .. not much to do in office.. so here are some photos of my quick weekend getaway :)

Taken with compact Canon camera in a waterproof pouch..

Picture a bit blue, visibility isn't that great but I had a blast!

Attached Files:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow! You took underwater photos? What do you mean by waterproof pouch??? Do you mean a special waterproof case for your camera?

Hehe.. Feeding the fishies... Pretty much like Redang, right?

3. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Is not casing, is a soft pouch, only can go to 3m. Fits any small camera. I bought it just about RM70 from Phlippines. I saw something similar in Fotokem at Sunway, they selling it at RM200 :|

Yup, Perhentian is like Redang but less commercialize, at least they don't force you to wear life jacket during snorkeling and forbid you to wear fins.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  4. Adrian Wong

Camera accessories and bags are always overpriced over here, partly because of the high tax (100% I believe).

Oh they allow you to wear fins near the corals? I think they forbid that in Redang to prevent damage to the corals.

5. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

This is the one, the same exact one that I have.
    [​IMG]

Yeah .. less commercialize can wear fins .. don't have reservation park like Readng. So more fun. divers also must wear fins what. ...

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. That's really useful and so much cheaper than the hard case my brother bought for his Canon... It leaked anyway and killed his camera. :roll:

7. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

How can hard case leak ?! .. seesh I have forbia too that this soft pouch leak, I try to make it a point to check for bubble submerge before using ..

8. Adrian Wong

I'm not sure myself but it really destroyed the camera. Totally unsalvageable. :(

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Anymore shots? Corals? I think Perhentian has got more corals than Redang.

10. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Went snorkeling only, not diving so not a lot of nice photos, a lot of photos of people feeding fish :)

Here's a bit more .. my fren had a better camera with casing, I have yet to see his photos.

Attached Files:

11. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

These corals are nice.Keep it up! :D

12. Adrian Wong

How were the corals? Must be better than Redang. There are dead corals at Redang... Lots of fish though.