Perodua Myvi Radio Problem

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by zy, Jan 14, 2011.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:wave:

Apparently my gf's family's Myvi radio stopped working after a jumpstart.

Does anyone know if it have a security code or is this a common problem?? :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Not sure about the Myvi, but AFAIK, most radios will request for a security code after a complete loss of power. I think that's what happened to her radio.

She should check the radio manual for the security code.

3. zy

I did some reading online, Its not some imported radio unit. Local made. Betamek to be exact :nuts: From what I read, it seems to be a common that the radio will fail :nuts:

4. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

There is a security code? ..I change the car battery of my myvi before, it never ask for any security code, just need to redo all the radio setting.... maybe your radio got fired..

5. Adrian Wong

Mine has a security code. It's to discourage thieves cause if they remove it, it will ask for the security code, whichout which the radio is useless.

6. zy

Mine has too but I don't drive a perodua myvi.

7. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

thread hijack. can u off bluetooth on the car radio ? it keeps blinking. Manual not with me =/

8. Adrian Wong

Should be able to. But without the manual, it's very hard to figure out how.

9. Adrian Wong

Unfortunately, I don't drive a Myvi either... My cousin does. I will try asking him to check if his radio has a security code.

10. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I just check my myvi manual.. there is no mention of any security code, except for the bluetooth pairing code ..

1 person likes this.