PES 2008 for pc

Discussion in 'Games' started by PowerSlide, Mar 29, 2008.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

ive played this for awhile..my god how a load of crap this game is

after playing fifa08 i thought fifa is one rubbish football game but pes2008 is even far more worst

i have a long list of everything bad ive see in this game

- AI is stupid, your teammates is just there to look and not doing anything. funny moment is my opponent heads the ball from far the ball slowly going in but my teammates in front of the ball just stood there and look

-loads loads of yellow or red card even u lightly tackle while the COM wont get any

-COM is god, they dun get any foul and their passing is accurate

-unbalanced gameplay, in 30min of the game me and my opponent have scored 5 goals each!

-passing is another worst thing, is not accurate at all and most of the passing is a weak thru ball kind

-goalkeeper is another stupid, cant catch even the simplest ball and keep on punching

-players takes ages to get back up after falling

-even opponent tackle me and the ball is out but they get the throw in..how fair :doh:

-something wrong somewhere, i scored the goal but its deemed as own goal by my opponent

-rubbish commentator

-graphic is nth to shout, although better than fifa08 in my opinion but in replays can see player foot never touch the ball when kicking

-no kit edit, some teams wear the same colour jersey..great to confuse even more:wall:

-only 15 stadium to choose from

-stadium crowd do the same thing wear the same clothing but whole lot better than fifa08 2d :haha:

apart from all those problems there are thing ok with this game. Player movement is very good instance like falling down and goal celebration. Some player face are like the real person. Overall presentation much better than fifa08

anyway i would say a big dissapointment, i put high hopes on pes2008 but its really bad. Stick to fifa08 for now if u love playing football :shifty:

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

:shock:

Damn glad this isn't a review Bro :mrgreen:

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

they will never send a copy for me after reading :haha:

its that bad..if u go google you will know :shifty:

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

No I don't think endorsements for software from them will come your way :mrgreen:

Googled a few reviews on this and seems your right it should be called POS 2008 :shock:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Not really into football, and I stopped playing since Fifa 2002... :haha:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Played FIFA '08 and then bought PES 2008. In comparison, PES 2008 is much more responsive compared to FIFA '08. In FIFA '08, my fingers went numb after only 30 minutes of playing. I was afraid that the joystick on my gamepad will break. But after changing to PES 2008, it's much better. My fingers (esp. my left thumb) only went numb after 1 hour. :haha:

I have to agree with most of your views... if only PES 2008 can combine its good points with FIFA '08 good points, then it will be one hell of a game. I still hate how PES 2008's score, table views... can't they make it a lot more informative like in FIFA '08?

I prefer PES 2008 type of scoring... and it's less predictable how you score goals, although I most of the time use one-man, either Sagna, Flamini, Eboue or Hleb and run down the whole field... then if possible, cross the ball to Adebayor. :haha: Cross sometimes works, but most of the time doesn't. The players timing and placing REALLY off most of the time. Through ball sucks too... only useful when using winger to sprint down the sideline.

And talking about the com tackles, it's like a piece of cake. Makes me look damn bad. :faint: When I need to get the ball back, I have to chase the player all the way. KNS... and their passing are like Godly... and they can score goal at will. Slicing through my defence is a piece of cake again, my defenders most of the time dunno do what... KNN... I have to change player to chase the ball and clear it.. :grr:

Everytime I slide tackle, sure yellow card. :haha: WTH... The throw in is another bug I think, when it's clearly my ball, turned out to be the opponent's throw.

But it's still not bad considering all the bad points, because FIFA '08 still CMI and these are the only football sims available out there. :( And it feels so good scoring goals in PES than FIFA. :lol:

Have yet to install NFS: Pro Street and NBA '08. Now only playing 3 games, C&C Generals: Zero Hour, PES '08 and COD4. :mrgreen:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  7. Chai

Pro Street sucks on keyboard. Somehow doesn't work well on keyboard. NBA 08? I wish Sega makes NBA for PC...

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Oops... I meant NBA LIVE 08. :D

9. Chai

Yup, I know. :p Because only EA makes NBA games for PC.

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You dunno one la, dun lie. :mrgreen:

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yeah. Hard to play pro street on keyboard. Need a wheel for that. Especially the drifting ones. gave up and uninstalled it already. LOL

12. Chai

Reason why I put ? behind NBA 08 because I stopped playing since NBA Live 2000 and NBA 2K3, and I have no idea how good, or bad they are since then... :p

13. Chai

Drifting is extremely easy on keyboard, in fact the easiest of all games modes IMO. I beat the drift king very early on using keyboard. The problem with Pro Street is, the car will start losing speed when you turn (skid with tyre smoke) for no apparent reason when using keyboard, but the speed doesn't drop when using steering wheel. Speed mode is ridiculously difficult to beat without steering wheel, to the point that, I use steering wheel for speed mode only, and switch to keyboard for other modes.

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

:mrgreen:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

One more thing, the com free kick in front of goal always results in a goal, somemore damn accurate. :doh:

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

agree..this another annoying thing..FIFA08 also same..com freekick from around 25m up always result in a goal

17. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

I'm more into the FPS.Last played Fifa 2002.After that, don't get any interest in any other category than FPS. :)