PETALING STREET FREE OF PIRATED GOODS - MP opposes plan

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wiiz, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. Exactly. TBH, it should have been done automatically. No reason why we actually have to manually register to vote. :nuts:

2. Adrian Wong

Oh, by default, none of our names are in there. We are NOT registered by default.

All you need to do is just bring your IC to register. But the government already has all our details when we register for our ICs. So, it really makes no sense to manually register and wait for THREE months before you can vote. Really dumb. :doh:

3. Adrian Wong

It should be valid after 3 months. But you should receive a letter to confirm it. Best you check at the post office.

4. Adrian Wong

Haha.. Same here. I really don't know why it's all so manual and antiquated. :roll:

There should not even be a need for us to go to the post office to register. It should be done automatically.

Also, you cannot vote at your current address. They force you to vote at the address printed on your identity card! How stupid is that? People move all the time. Asking them to vote in their original address is stupid.

If you want to change address, you will have to get your identity card changed (with a charge of RM 30) and then come back to the post office to have your voting registration changed. :nuts:

5. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

that's why i didn/t register....:mrgreen:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I still remember Mad1 has to return to Kelantan (I think) just to vote! :nuts:

7. Adrian Wong

Eh, register to vote la. Make your voice heard! :D

8. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's always the case. Only those in the Army can submit their votes by mail, if I'm not mistaken. I guess I will have to go back to Penang for the vote. :roll:

9. Adrian Wong

BTW, this is getting really off-topic...

But while BN won the last election with 90% of the seats, they actually garnered only 65% of the popular vote. All thanks to the government's manipulation of the EC and how they derive each constituency.