Petrol up 30 sen!

Discussion in 'News' started by Dashken, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

And noone told me, I didn't even pay attention to the news. I thought what price up, but didn't pay attention. :wall: :wall: :wall:

You bet for this and many more reasons... I'll register myself and make sure I vote in the next election. :mad:

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

No car :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Guarantee we will see more Honda City, Kancils and Kenaris on the road. Goodbye Proton... :haha:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well at least Malaysia subsidizes for its petrol... Over here prices change everyday...:whistle:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

But there people can cycle to work right? Here, if cycle... no accident considered very lucky lo. :mrgreen:

6. streem

streem Newbie

yeah.... guarantee there will be more fuel economy car on the road.... proton can announce bankrupt... cease operation already.... though govt subsidies it... but it is still expensive... lets say if compare to aussie... if u dun convert... their petrol is much cheaper....

plus the notice of fuel increase is out of sudden.... now they say wanna increase 30 cents and not gonna increase this year... wat if next year 1st jan they increase another 30 cents or so.... then v gonna die of hunger... all our money use to pump petrol only...

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i was told by a friend of mine that the gov always use the same template when they make announcement of petrol hikes

here http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/2/28/nation/13525389&sec=nation&focus=1

read the last paragraph... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: i think he is right :haha:

cant they just stop comparing?? so kiasu!

if they rise it like a gentleman, it's still acceptable.
    but everytime they must compare...compare the price of broadband subscription, tax, flyover crack, this..that..si mi sai also compare. loser!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

still cheapest still cheapest *yawn yawn*

after this hawker food prices gona rise again :wall:

9. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

Yeah so much for 'cheap' petrol here, car prices here aint exactly cheap :whistle: :wall: :wall: :cry:

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Sigh...extra RM10+ per fuel pump! :wall: :faint:

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup.. Fuel is an important commodity. If its price goes up, prices of everything else goes up coz variable costs increase.:|

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Now everytime the fuel meter bar decreases, my heart skips a beat. :|

13. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

well.... hopefully our government will spend those money smartly to improved our public transportation system.

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Now thats wishfull thinking...:haha:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

That's dreaming. :clap:

The money will disappear into thin air, I bet ya. :haha:

6 months from now, they will say they don't have enough money to do this and that. :whistle:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

like..not enough $$$ to throw retirement parties :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

17. slyeoh

slyeoh Newbie

adoiii :wall:

RM 1.92/ litre...lucky they din charge for using air :rolleyes:

pokai d ler...have to conveniently carpool..hehehe :oops:

18. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

hmm now pump rm50 also not much increase.. :?
    oh well, lucky my company pays for my fuel usage.. :p

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Exactly what we're going to do come 11th/March for the local Street Shoot Out at Shah Alam. :)

20. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

:eh:

The government has been subsidizing on fuel prices, i.e they've been spending money, not making it...

The government is raising fuel prices to reduce the burden of the subsidy, i.e they want to spend less, but they're still not making money off of it...

The government claims that the savings from the price increase will go towards improving public transport systems etc. for the good of all...

...but...

...if they weren't making money of off it in the first place, where do the savings come from? Aren't they still just spending money, albeit less than before? :eh:

I.E.

Doesn't that mean there will BE NO savings, i.e. they're just making empty promises to attempt to placate consumers in the wake of this price increase? :eh: :eh: :eh:

[of course my reasoning is flawed, just felt like saying all that just for the sake of it... :p]