please suggest gpu

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by energizer, Oct 7, 2010.

1. energizer

energizer Newbie

I got two options , one is fire pro v4800 or quadro fx 580 and i ll be using this cards more for composting , dynamics and lighting n even for rendering . I am very much confused which gpu to buy , guyz please help me out .

Following are the softwares on which ill be working .
    Nuke , Maya , Max , Real flow and After effects..

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You can compare them in this guide - Tech ARP - Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 6.1

If you use plugins or apps that support CUDA acceleration, then you definitely need to get an NVIDIA Quadro. Not necessarily the Quadro FX 580 - any Quadro would do.

Otherwise, the AMD FirePro 3D V4800 is the better choice of the two. It's much faster than the NVIDIA Quadro FX 580.

3. energizer

energizer Newbie

ty Adrian, i saw that guide and firepro v4800 is better than quadro fx by many ways but i wanna know , could firepro v4800 can help to render faster than quadro fx 580 (with apps. )

I got one more querry ... Do they have any applications for firepro entry level cards which could help them to render faster..

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Sure, the FirePro 3D would definitely help you render faster than the Quadro FX 580 with apps that support OpenGL. But if the app is CUDA-specific, then only NVIDIA graphics cards will be accelerated.

I'm not in this line, but AFAIK, any app that supports hardware acceleration via OpenGL or DirectX will run faster on these cards.

5. storm88

storm88 Newbie

if budget allows, get one of the best in the market FX5800 Quadro.

Seen quite many clients opt to go Quadro than FireX