Produa MyVi, your take on it?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by aKho, Jun 4, 2005.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

MyVi, Produa's 6th car should be given a lot of credit. It's both spacious and powerful compared to my current Produa Kembara that I'm driving. Also at around RM48K+, it's pretty affortable.
    Thumbs up to Produa.

Too bad I feel that it's more for the ladies than men. :p

2. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 Newbie

anything that doesn't have the stamp proton is good. .......wait at least it's better than the worst.
    slightly better.

the myvi is nice la...good pickup i like it a lot.
    i think it's quite cute~ :p

3. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

very nice car. spacious and well designed. very cheap as well.

but i still prefer my kelisa... it could do with new tyres and some re-conditioning though...

4. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Ok, I've already seen the Daihatsu Sirion over here in Australia.

They're prize cars at a local shopping centre here in Perth.

I like:
    -Nice bubbly design.
    -Speedometer which moves together with the steering column.
    -Nice Audio OEM Head Unit design.

I Dislike:
    -It's the wrong color! (One was Strawberry Sorbet(Pinkish Red) & the other one was Pistachio(Apple Green)! Ack![​IMG] Makes the cars look a lil' girlie[​IMG])
    -It's the base model. (Sirion 1.3 SX= Unpainted exterior door handles + Crap steel wheels with wheelcovers)
    -The interior is too dark. Needs a moonroof.

Verdict: The base (1.3 SX) model looks a lil' too girlish in the wrong color & too empty/ bland with the other colors. The Daihatsu Sirion Sport & the Perodua MYVi should be better looking than it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

nice pictures. how much is it in Perth?

i guess kelisa was the fastest car of the Produa line of cars. but with MyVi out...there will be some competition there.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I wonder if it's a little too pricey, for a local car, that is.

You can get a top-end Proton Gen2 for only RM 7-8K more. :think:

Of course, that's a Proton. :mrgreen:

7. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

i would pay for it, coz it is not proton :mrgreen:

beside it is Daihatsu Boon or Sirion, it is also a Toyota Passo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

at the end of day, u can get full body kit from TRD for RM9k :nuts:
    [​IMG]
    http://toyota.jp/customize/passo/trdsportsm/

MYVI is almost 90% from Daihatsu Boon/Sirion and Toyota Passo, in local, they just change the front look and the meter panel.

I think MYVI has choose a good time to launch the car togather with Proton new model or TRM. Now ppl will see the different and wat they pay for local car. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :haha: :haha:

8. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

My word For It: OK. :)

9. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

The Sirion SX Manual has an MSRP of AUD 15,490 (Sport is AUD 17,990). Automatic tranny adds AUD 1,500 & AUD 200 extra for metallic paint.

But Daihatsu will pack up & be out of Australia by December. Daihatsu made the decision to close down beacuse they didn't sell enough cars (New models like the Sirion failed to ignite sales!). But on the bright side, this means that dealers might slash out prices to clear them out ASAP! :thumb:

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yea a little on the expensive side..is like paying premium for a small car..

only thing i like is the quality :thumb:

lets see wat proton can show us this wed..will ready my m16 to fire :haha:

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

IMHO, i think this is a better car to buy than the Gen2. the Gen2 is clearly not worth it's price at all... plus, the defect rate is what.. 100% ? The MyVi is supposedly only having a defect rate of 0.5 - 0.2. that's about 2 cars out of 10! for something that's locally built.. i think it's pretty commendable. Plus, i think that have learnt quite a bit from Daihatsu and Toyota.

Proton... let's see how they stand up to such competition....

12. Ject

Ject Newbie

Looks like a horrible accident.... Looks liek they threw something together and called it quits.

13. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

the bodykit very garang..got turbokit ah? :shifty:

14. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

15. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

nice... i know myvi is related to toyota passo or daihatsu sirion ..

so plz tak more bout myvi instead of its twin brothers :p

16. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

17. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

just to let ppl that dunno know about it la....

and let them know wat we can do to the myvi in the future ma... :p

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I saw the Proton Savvy a few days ago. IMHO, it sucks to the max. The butt is ugly, the door is ugly, I don't like the front too. And the seat looks like the seat I have on my Proton Iswara, which sucks. But I haven't tried it though.

Definitely not on par with the Perodua Myvi, actually it's far below. :D

Go Myvi! :beer:

19. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Well, my dad runs a dealership for Perodua cars, and we got the opportunity to attend the dealer's briefing a omnth ago, prior to the MyVi launching on May 25th.

I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting up with most of the engineers who worked on the chassis/suspension and engine, as well as the designers who did the exterior and interior. Hand on heart, this is NOT a re-badged Sirion/Boon. Neither is it a totally 100% M'sian made car. Perodua engineers and designers were invovled from Step One and Day One of the MyVi project, and account for over 65% of its design and engineering direction.

As of such, the team I met were aglow with pride and warmth. They have good reason to be proud too. Gen.2? Savvy? Heck no. Picanto sales will suffer. As will those of the Micra, Getz and Aveo. There are a few hidden touches to the finish that only owners will appreciate. LED-tech for the instrument panel and brake lights, interior lights that come on when you unlock the car with its alarm remote, etc.

Rough edges? There are a few. It's not as fast as it's 1.3litre engine suggests. And its not dynamic B-road blaster, although retains admirable composure when pushed to 9/10ths.

Do I like it?

There's one sitting on our driveway already.

20. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Hehe, if I dig up more insider information about the MyVi, I'll let you guys know.

And I havent started about what the Head of R & D for Perodua told me... *wink wink*

Let's just say that the MyVi is just the start of a period of fantastic fruition for Perodua. More to come, I'm sure.