Produa MyVi, your take on it?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by aKho, Jun 4, 2005.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

oh man, the dealer briefing must have really impressed you to no end. please share with us what info you have. the car that i might be planning to get soon have come down to four :-

1. MyVi
    2. Perdana (2nd hand)
    3. Toyota VIOS
    4. Kenari

so your input is greatly appreaciated! :thumb:

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Owing to their simliarity in terms of price and space on offer, the Kenari might gradually be phased out. The Chairman said this is till up in the air at the moment. The car under mostthreat of 'termination/replacement' would be the Kembara. The Kancil will still be the budget runaround, and the Kelisa will stay on as the 'sporty' alternative in the range (with a few possible engine and facelift upgrades during the courtse of its lifespan)

Proton QC is ppor. Piss poor, in fact. I don't knwo what's up with them, because their defect rate is actually on the <i>rise</i>. Avoid, as much as I hate saying it.

The Vios is a viable alternative, since it does have a bigger boot than the MyVi, and has the sheen of a Toyota badge, meaning good, if not awe-inspiring build quality. However, fuel consumption will be higher than the MyVi, although it packs a bit of power as well as a tradeoff. INsurance premiums and Road Tax will also be more expensive.

Which leaves us with the MyVi. I'll probably be biased in recommending it, but yeah, you have my recommendation. It's spacious, and has excellent touches all round. A test drive would be in order for you to fully determine if its for you. The pickup isnt as quick as a Vios, but the engine is a willing revver. Fuel consumption should be about... *does some mental Math* 6 L per 100Km. This is average usage (town + some long distance cruising). Fuel tank is about 45 litres.

If you want a test drive, PM me, and I'll try to arrange a test drive with our dealership. Needless to say, serious offers only. ;)

3. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Hehehehehe.. :mrgreen: