Proton Satria Neo!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Dang... can we see something different once a while instead of another copy/paste model? This one look like shyt.. :doh: :boohoo:

http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/articles/0/article_511/page_m.asp

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:faint: :faint: :faint:

2. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

the design is ok, compare with savvy. overall look ok, accpetable design.

the concern is, is it still having the very plastic feel inside and the quality of build.

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The interior looks and should feel a lot like my cheap iswara. Stupid move... :faint:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't like the clean "bumper-less" design at the front. The interior...THE HORROR! The blue light panels...puke...Myvi looks so much better.

Wah...15" rims as standard for 1.3???

16x7JJ with 195/50 tyres??? :faint: This car is designed for youngsters with the appeal for big big rims with blue blue lights! :haha:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mine has blue lights and I like it. :thumb:

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

looks ok but not the rim design

still yet to go take a real look

7. Chai

I like City meters, which reminds me of RX8.

Hahaha...I still find it funny about the tyres. I couldn't really afford good tyres for 15"... 16" is going to cost quite a lot more per tyre!

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

was told it's quite a good car..

but the interior..whoa...
    easily show the taste of the designer :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

9. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Design is superb ..
    this car makes more death on the roads lol

10. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

i wish i can buy a car at RM price. :wall: :wall:

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

The exterior certainly looks a lot better than savvy :mrgreen:

12. Chai

Who told you? :haha:

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

one word ..

UGLY

14. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Looks like a hybrid of everything :faint: :faint: :faint:

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL!

Man, that is fugly... LOL! The rims looks like it was inspired by the HotWheels/Matchbox toy cars...

16. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

reminds me of that FIAT car in NFS most wanted, but a LOT worse! :haha:

17. Chai

Proton is getting very berserk with their choices of rims lately.

18. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

The Satria Neo actually looks nice (The design gives me a "European-car" feeling.), and from what I've read, the car was delayed by the new management to solve the quality & vendor issues on the prototypes during the prototype testing stage. There wasn't much where the new mangement could change, because the design is already frozen & changing the design would mean spending more time to re-engineer & re-design the major & minor structural areas of the car, go through crash testing again, much more testing & spending a lot more money in development costs.

btw, lets stop discussing about who copied who, that's just childish. Design coincidences are normal things that happen with every other car manufacturer & they also take insipirations/ elements from a design of a car & then translate them to make it suitable for their design language (Refer to the link below if you still can't understand.). (It's just like saying that the Hyundai Sonata looks like a rip-off of the US-designed Honda Accord & that the European-designed Accord is a copy of a Mazda Atenza/6, when the cars look nothing like each other.)

http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=19777

regards,

TF:cool:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  19. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

agree with u on this, TF.

that car is left by the previous management, no use to bash the proton like that now. Give the new management sometime and let see what they can do.

Because of the quality issue, they already discontinue a lot of vendor and keep some of the vendor that can provide quality part to them.

20. Chai

Erm...I don't think anyone has mentioned about quality issues as it's too early to tell.

While I'm refering to the built quality of the panels, dashboard, and the likes. Just look at the Japanese counterparts or even the older Protons. No wonder the Top Gear bashes in the interior the moment they enter the car...