Proud Proton, Malaysia made car

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Francis, May 31, 2004.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

ROTFL! I never thought that having a plotong would be so interesting! :haha: :haha: :haha:

hehehe, my dad doesn't own any plotong :lol:

2. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

actually it would've been good if we could at least get the same quality as of the export models.

heck my nearly 10 year old proton satria is as sturdy as ever, not like the recent cars which i keep hearing complaints and such.

heck i think my family's nearly 20 year old Toyota Corona still works better, solid like a tank.

3. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

fries, urs satria 1.6 one? :)

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

AKR: For your information, Tengku Mahaleel admitted himself that Proton poses no serious competition across the globe and also a survey was conducted in a manner where each participant was to gauge how much would they pay for a car of a given specification where the manufacturers name was not revealed. As soon as the survey was completed, they were asked again what would they pay for if the car was made by Proton and the results were a dramatic drop of UK$1,000 in average a participant would want to pay for a Proton made car.

5. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

mine's 1.3

i find it still very solid and very nice to drive. i'm not sure if Satria these days provide the same quality to last 10 years.

6. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

i drove my friend's year 97 1.6 before, damn..it wast soooo smooth and powerful!! very solid built... :drool: :drool:

but they discontinue it :mad:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That day I was riding on my friend's car, he's a mad driver, revving upto 6500rpm on 3rd gear in city area! Satria 1.6, the very first batch, the one before the face lift. Wow, I was quite impressed by the pulling power. Only changed his air filter, engine is untouched, can really match my Sentra 1.6! :shock:

And the way he drive, I'm extremely shocked that it still managed to stay in one piece till today!

8. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

i fall in love with it after i drove that car...although my friend's is a auto, it damn powerful :shock:

very revy engine... :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's because the Satria is quite light. :mrgreen:

10. Chai

I was refering to the pulling power (torque), not the acceleration speed. :D

11. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

it is all over, 4G92 1.6 no longer in production, only 1.3 and 1.5 left :|

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Wonder when I'll manage to get my own car. :think:

13. alexan

alexan Newbie

After 20 years still crawling? That's one premature baby. The father's gene must be totally f**ked up. :dance:

No wonder it is in *special* school.

14. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:thumb: really satria that good huh?

15. Chai

I lost an opportunity to test drive the Satria GTI! I wonder how good is it...

16. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:think: i think malaysains should pay more attention to cars specification. some of my uncle just buy when they see [ waja ] looks nice. :wall:

17. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

ever drive a putra? heard that it is more powerful than gti :p

18. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

:!: again my uncle has one. black in colour. dunno wht engine type. but looks cool

19. Chai

Aren't they using the same engine? :think: Sorry, I don't know much about Proton cars.

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I love Proton :liar:
    PROTON I LOVE YOU :liar:
    PROTON I LOVE YOU :liar: PROTON I LOVE YOU :liar: