PS3 owner's thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chai, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

Ps3 FTW.

but seriously though, Motorstorm a must have, Resistance: Fall of Man also a Must have FPS, since resistance 2 is coming out soon and is gonna rock, GT5 (duh), Heavenly Sword (amzing graphics, really neat gameplay)

-Maggot (ps3 fanboi)

Playstation network name : Asspire

2. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Finally! I bought the PS3 40GB! What a fantastic console! BD, great games, very flexible, you can even install linux if you want.

GT5 Prologue, some people call it demo, while I feel it's more than just a demo. Some people say it's stupid to pay for a demo. I call it paying for developement of the game. This game is very very complex. Graphics wise it's easily one of the best racing game. I can safely say no other console/PC games come close. Cars are extremely detail, from brake calipers, to air scoop, to driver's movement in the car! HDR, reflections. Wow...speechless. Realism wise, it's surprisingly good, easily much better than all previous versions. It's almost as good as some racing sims on PC. I'm more than happy to pay for 3/4 of a full game price, and I can't wait for GT5.

I've never owned any PS, GT games before, but I did play on PS emulator. I've been downloading some HD contents from GT5 Prologue. I can't wait to test it on Full HD TV!

4. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Geez... If you had waited just a few more days, you could've picked up your PS3 with a Dual Shock 3 controller instead of a Sixaxis controller... DS3 has rumble and tilt, Sixaxis has no rumble :?

Ah well, enjoy your new toy 8)

5. Chai

It's ok. I don't want to wait for DS3, because it's going to be more expensive, and I already have G25 for my racing needs. :D I bought the downloadable Super Puzzle Fighter for some family action. :D

Maybe later I will get GTA4, then I might consider DS3, then again, rumbling doesn't really do much to gaming.

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

So now we know why you were MIA this weekend man lol :p

Glad ya got it though we are hoping to upgrade this PS2 with a PS3 here although when we have parties the Wii is definately a favorite :D

7. Chai

PS3, not many games, but has a lot of potential. I've been downloading demos and HD videos to poison myself! :haha: It looks excellent on Full HD TV.

And talk about the fan noise, I can hardly hear it, I wouldn't even know it's on by listening.

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I told you guys its quiet... :mrgreen:

It just gets worryingly hot (but is rock solid)... :shifty:

9. Chai

It's far quieter than my previous console Dreamcast...

10. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I got my PS2 sitting there collecting dust .. :( dun have a HD tv or PS3 or Wii .. sigh .. maybe I should get out more and do some exercise .. :p

11. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

Now I have to collect money to buy PS3. :wave:

12. Chai

I noticed that consoles are starting to use slot disc loading now. Wii and PS3.

Some nice features on PS3. The controller is bluetooth wireless, and it charges using a standard USB. Very handy. You can turn on/off the console using the controller! Even more handy.

There are so many HD contents to be downloaded, from the PS Store or the GT5 Prologue. PS3 is extremely fabulous on Full HD TV. I tested it last night, I was speechless. I didn't know I was missing so much playing on composite. From movies to games. Even the classic Puzzle Fighter was remade to HD, which I bought via PS Store using credit card. Very easy and convenient.

It comes with integrated PSU, it makes it heavier, but it supports 110V-240V, and it uses standard power cord, so I can even plug it to my UPS! Comes with USB ports, so you can use any keyboard and mouse, and my G25 is fully supported, now I know what's the purpose of the directional pad on my G25. I was using it to play some 2P games, since it only comes with 1 Sixaxis.

Damn, it's a bloody good console. :thumb:

13. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow!! PS3 owner! I must come and try it one day... :shifty: :shifty:

14. Chai

Metal Gear Solid 4!!! Wow, I've never played any older series before, since this is my first PS. :lol: It's a very nice game, it's a nice change from the usual FPS...

15. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

MGS4 is the must play game of the year for the PS3 imo :D

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Now you know why I love that console to death.... :haha:

Waiting for our third one right now.... :rolleyes:

17. Chai

Definitely more value for money compare to the similarly priced Wii. :|

18. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

@chai, can i come over your place to have a look at the video quality :D

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It's the best buy of the 3 current consoles purely console feature-wise.

20. Chai

In terms of having good games, PS3 is catching up slowly. Games like MGS4 and GT5 is more than enough for me. :haha:

BTW, MGS4 is really good!