PsYkHoTiK - ARP's Little Devil

Discussion in 'Spotlight!' started by nasya, Jan 23, 2005.

1. nasya

nasya She-Devil

GETTING TO KNOW YOU..

What's your full name?
    Taib Halim Suleiman

Your age:
    21 years old on earth I think..... :think:

Where do you live?
    Currently in Wichita, Kansas in the U.S of A

Hair color?
    Not too sure. Very dark black? :think:

If you could dye your hair any color, what would you choose?
    Bright PINK! MUAHAHAHAA! Joking… :haha:
    I wouldn’t dye it. :p :hand:

Eye color?
    Brown

Do you wear contacts/glasses?
    Nope, perfect eyesight… :cool:

Occupation?
    Full time undergraduate student, ARP Devil (mod/reviewer)

Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
    Nope… :(

Curl your tongue?
    Yup…

Do you drive fast?
    In Malaysia, YES (usually 120-140 kmh in morning traffic (unless if there’s a jam of course or it gets too impossible, this is usually around 6:45-7:15)… :twisted: ) I usually only speed when I am alone. I am not reckless. ;) Just aggressive and I enjoy taking corners. ;) I don’t put others in danger.. ;) Plus who can beat Segambut to Cheras in 15-20mins… :haha: But here, no… :liar:

Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
    Yup. Two devils given to me by Nasya. One is called Little Devil (coincidentally, that became my title :p ), and the other is called Lucifer.

How many different cities have you lived in?
    San Angelo Texas (born and stayed 1yr), Kuala Lumpur (most of my life), Indianapolis Indiana (5 years of my formative years), and last but not least Wichita Kansas. :mrgreen: So that’s a total of four. :thumb:

If you could live in one city in the world, which would it be?
    I intend to go to Southern California for studies and work. But to me, the world is the same all over I guess. :D

What's under your bed?
    I only have a mattress… :p

What's on your mouse pad?
    My Logitech MX 510 and my hand.. :thumb:

What book are you reading now?
    Textbooks… :mad:

Your most prized possession?
    My rig, the two devils nasya gave me, my Z-680s that nasya gave me, my telescope that nasya gave me, the 1970 Mustang (legally mine I guess :p .)

The next event/acquisition you're looking forward to?
    My dream car or a DSLR or an external watercooling unit… :mrgreen:

How technically-inclined are you?
    Quite I guess…. :think:

How do you enjoy spending your time?
    Playing CS and annoying the heck outta the ppl that use awps and get killed by my scout… ;) I also chat with nasya, do work for ARP which I really enjoy doing.

FAVORITE THINGS...

Favorite food?
    This will be a long list… :lol: Cheese naan, jambalaya, steak, burgers, pizzas, pasta (the cream based sauces), Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Frozen Custard, lobster and prawns (Sandakan style is my favorite. ;) Butter garlic or the exclusive cheese style that’s made special), and Vietnamese Beef Noodles… :thumb:

Favorite drink?
    Dr Pepper, cream soda, rootbeer, and apple juice

Favorite car?
    Nissan 300ZX twin turbo, Pontiac GTO/Holden Monaro(new 2005 GTO looks cool), 66, 70, 04, 05 Mustangs, Shelby GT 500 and Cobra, Boss Mustangs, Merc SLR, R34 Skyline GTR V-SPEC, and S15 Silvia.

Favorite sports?
    B-Ball I guess….

Favorite time of the year?
    Well, I don’t think there is much difference except for the early part of the year. Nasya’s bday, valentines, and our anniversary… :p Triple header… :haha:

Favorite relaxation spot?
    My chair coz I unwind on the PC… :p

Favorite music?
    I listen to almost everything. Queen, Hall and Oates, Johnny Hates Jazz, Rammstein, Marilyn Manson would be some of the ones I like.

Favorite board game?
    I’ve always enjoyed the Game of LIFE… :thumb:

Favorite book?
    Anne Rice books… :thumb:

Favorite cartoon growing up?
    Hmm… I really loved Tom and Jerry… I still watch them to this day. They’re just so damn funny… :haha:

Favorite movies so far?
    Interview with the Vampire, Cast Away, Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind, Scarface, Stir Crazy, Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke, Who is Harry Crumb, Kill Bill 1 & 2, Smokey and the Bandit 1 & 2, Cannon Ball Run.

ON ARP...

Discovered it through:
    I spent a lot of time reading hardware reviews and all of that, then I ran across ARP (linked from HardOCP) about BOG.

Most frequently visit: (i.e. BOG, which forum, news, reviews, etc)
    I go everywhere… ;)

Fondest memory/Best thing about ARP?
    Well, it’d have to be when I first met the guys. I was very intimidated. But then I found out that everyone was so laid back and they were all so cool. :D I bet some of you guys still remember that night eh? First time I met them and first mamak session. :beer:

Person you would most like to meet from the community? (whom you've not met!)
    Max_87…. :thumb:

One thing you'd like to see on the site:
    More participation in the forums… Also for the editors to speed things up… :haha: We need more editors… :p

What were you thinking the first time you met the ARP gang? When was it?
    I think it was a night in april. During PC Fair. I was nervous. I was after all, meeting the famed *cough* Adrian Wong. :haha: Master of all things BIOS.. :haha: The famed *cough* Chai, master of all things watercooled… :haha: I read most of the old articles before meeting them… Well, I thought that it would be a very pressured environment (deadlines to meet etc. ) but I was totally wrong… :p These guys are really cool. :thumb: Glad to call em my friends and team mates. :thumb: :beer:

LIFE AS A BIG PICTURE...

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
    AAARRRGGGHHHH! What time is it?! Am I late AGAIN?! I can be very dazed when I wake up, but once that clears up, I think of who else… :wicked:

If I had a lot of money, I would...
    Buy myself a new camera, a new car, nice house, lavish nasya a bit, donate some, and invest the rest. :thumb:

If I had the time, I would...
    Do more for ARP, spend more time with loved ones. Fly over and see Nasya. :D And frag more ppl… :evil:

What inspires you?
    Nasya. :D She motivates me. :mrgreen: Gives me the will to carry on. ;)

Lifetime goals?
    Get an MBA… Settle down and have a family and grow old.. Also, I wanna get filthy rich in the process but then again, who doesn’t… :p

Who are YOU going to interview?
    Hmm…. Will get back to you on that…:twisted:

MORE :dance: ...

Name 3 dreams or wishes that you had since you were a kid
    I wished to grow up, settle down and have a great family, success in life and the pursuits of it, and be a great person. ;)

What is the one thing that you would change if you could turn back the time
    Well, it’d be stuck at either make myself eat less, hit on you earlier:wicked:, or joined ARP earlier… :p

Do you prefer to employ or being employed? And why?
    I prefer to employ. I enjoy working through people and also with them at the same time. But in most scenes, there is always someone that’s above you. So unless I take up my dad’s company in Malaysia and be an entrepreneur like him, there’s not much chance that that will ever happen. :(

Do you have a habit which can never be changed by anything or anybody?
    I’m a person that has great pride in my character. I wouldn’t conform to a lot of things that makes me change the person that I am. I really value myself, coz I believe I am very different than other people. I don’t like social conformity so I am a bit of a rebel at times. :p But at the same time, I have an implanted value of right and wrong, so that makes me unique. :nuts: But to answer your question, my gaming habit could never be changed. ;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

So what songs are in your pocket DJ now?

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

My whole mp3 collection. :p

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Oooo a fan of the Fairlady as well eh ;) Ever thought of really getting one? It's really cheap in the states. A 240Z is only what... RM6000 over there. Or the new 350Z :D I would like to get that one day.

Hmmm why do you like the Z? Not many do...

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you noticed, he likes many Nissan cars. :p

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah.. Nissan is probably my favorite jap car maker... :p I like Toyota too. :p

I love the 300ZX, and it will be one of the first things I get once/if I get a job. I saw a 400hp T-top one going for 12k USD.... :think: :mrgreen:

7. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

350z yummy. taib ure name like our chief minister in sarawak. :mrgreen:

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I hope the day when we are going to meet come as soon as possible ;)

btw, Who are you going to interview next? :mrgreen:

9. plasma

plasma Newbie

another 350Z fan here... :wave:

10. Chai

Hmm... I prefer 300ZX more than 350Z though. :p But generally, I like Nissan cars too! :haha:

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Woah!! That was fast! Good job, nasya! :thumb:

LOL! The first meeting was certainly interesting. We were all wondering how it would turn out. Hehe.. Very happy to said that it turned out perfectly. :thumb:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! Great interview... now, let's prepair our bullets... :mrgreen:

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Still thinking... :p

I was very nervous on the night I met you guys at the mamak place... :lol:

14. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Kool dude! Away for 1 day and you're on spotlight!...& good job to Nasya! :thumb:

Wow!... a man with varied interest. Dunno what to ask oledi... :wall: :haha:

Hmm...

1)Of the 4 cities you stayed, which one do you like best...and why?
    2)5 years in Indianapolis Indiana in your 'formative years'. How old then, exactly? Was it fun?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  15. Chai

I know you have told me before, but for the sack of asking, have you been to Indianapolis racetrack before? :mrgreen:

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yes I have been to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway... :mrgreen: It was really cool. They have a musuem there. You get to see all sorts of race cars there. :thumb: Really cool. :D Never got to see a race though... :|

As for dv,
    1) I don't remember a thing about San Angelo coz I was there until I was 1 years old.. :p Indianapolis was a nice place to be at. :D Kinda quiet. Wichita is a bit boring in my opinion. :p There really isn't much to see here. People are really nice. :lol: What can I really say about KL. I lived there most of my life. But apart from the people that live in those places I really feel that the world is the same all over. If you look really hard, you will see that each place has a uniqueness to it. ;) So I can't answer that coz I feel that its the same... :p

2) I was there for 5 years. I think when I was 7-12 I think... :think: My memory can be bad at times... :oops: I had loads of fun. I had a good friend there who I hope I can get in touch back again with after more than 10 years... :p I emailed my old elementary school to try and start tracking him down. :D But no reply yet. :(

17. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Psy,

What is the one thing most heaviest hearted you felt about when you left KL for Wichita? :think:

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, leaving all of my friends and families behind I guess.. :(
    It was really cool that the guys sent me off too. :thumb: I also felt sad that I wouldn't be able to see Nasya for a while. In fact, I still haven't seen her in person. It was hard for the both of us. :)

I also knew I'd miss mamaking with chai and the guys. Those were the times. :mrgreen: We definitely have to go when I get back. :p

19. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Well, I guess it somehow helps with web cams around? :think: It would have been more painful if it were 5 years ago. :eh:

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, webcams help to a certain extent I guess. But nothing beats the real thing though.. :| I'm just making do with it until I see her one of these days. :D