Publicity in PS3 games

Discussion in 'News' started by generalRage1982hrv, Jul 16, 2008.

1. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

added by ImodAMD (little Frank)

2. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

I have a feeling this will have no effect on the price of the console. Don't really care either.

3. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

it would be stupid to leave those prices even with ads
    game prices and console are just too high

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I agree :think:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But they are still losing money selling at that price. :haha:

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I reckon it will help offset the costs of maintaining PSN. Consoles never make money. It's the games that make the money.

7. Chai

But Wii makes money... :shifty:

I've seen a lot of arguement about PS3 vs competitors. A lot of Sony haters apparently.

8. Mac Daddy

Anything ad installed by Sony reminds me of DRM I guess. As Psyk says perhaps just a way to help them offset costs will have to see how it works out :D

9. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Anyways this is the way of the future... ads will be anywhere... and someday in your dreams :mrgreen:

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, if it helps offset the cost of the game... and is tastefully done, it would be a win-win situation.

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, the Wii is very different (even against Nintendo's previous consoles). A bunch of old hardware slapped in together with a purdy shell and sold for a high price in what I think is a 'created' demand by limiting supply. :p

12. Chai

The innovative thing about Wii is the way we play games. I think they did a fantastic job. But I've tried it, it gets bored really fast. Maybe I didn't try more games, but it's a short term family console. When everyone gets bored (usually in 1 month), I will have to switch to something more 'serious' and hardcore like PS3 for my gaming needs.

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

cant play wii for long ... graphic sux.. more of a party kind of game, but than u will get bored of it pretty quick..

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup. Graphics suck, no surround sound (stereo only), motion controls get old REAL fast. :p

Mine has just been sitting there for a long time. My friend has even put his back into its box and into a closet. :p

15. Mac Daddy

Wow this is turned into an interesting discussion I Love it :dance:

On Wii and Rock Band great idea but if I hear Enter Sandman with someone singing off key more than James Hetfield much more I might go postal :shock:

Some great ideas especially with integration of the controller into the other controllers. But I still prefer games on the PC although I do have Digital 7.1 surround on it :D

16. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

the thing about wii is a family console and PS3 is your console. :lol: Wii you can play with your sister, your gf, your wife, your daughter, your grandmother ....

PS3 you just play with yourself period. .. ..

17. Chai

Wii is something that your sister, your gf, your wife, your daughter, your grandmother will only play for a month. It was proven when I had Wii for about a month. In fact, 2 weeks later, they stopped playing. And how did I get the Wii? Yes, another bored Wii owner. :lol:

Yeah, PS3 is something you play alone. As a gamer, I don't think you will get bored so soon, unless you are bored with gaming altogether.

18. Chai

I actually still prefers if they have games on PC. But the problem is, how often do they release games on PC these days? You have to wait 6 months for GTA4 to arrive on PC, and maybe it won't happen at all.

Crysis only sold 1 million copies because it was mass-pirated. I think they learnt their lesson the hard way. Future titles will not be PC-only in the future.

19. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

If you stick with Wii sports then you probably get bored in one month, there are other great games in Wii.

1.5 million actually.

20. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I used to be hardcore gamers ... but nowadays getting old could not even finish a game properly. My PS2 is sitting there, PSP is low on batt..

Only will touch those when got new games tittle. LUCAS .. where r u? I need your psp collection.

As for now, play one game only ... i am the official DOTA feeder .. :lol: at least that one is not a one person game, playing with frens online. Not relatively gf, wife, mom friendly... :mrgreen: